Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which version of the PMACA chassis is that?  Is the action pretty solid in it?  I read over on RC that you may want to add a rear tang to the action, as it may “see-saw” in the chassis.
View Quote
I got the multi chassis.

Multi Chassis

It is tight on my action, but I'm a sample size of one
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Current setup.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Kidd barrel, Ruger trigger upgrade, chassis, brace, Primary Arms advanced micro-dot.

My son has issues with the red dot mounted at rail height, and I have to admit this is more awesomer.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Current setup.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/357367/IMG_20180819_164741009-645204.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/357367/IMG_20180819_164753210-645205.JPG

Kidd barrel, Ruger trigger upgrade, chassis, brace, Primary Arms advanced micro-dot.

My son has issues with the red dot mounted at rail height, and I have to admit this is more awesomer.
View Quote
Nice!  Since I bought an adapter for the factory stock, I’d have to say if I had it to do over I’d skip it and go straight to the PMACA chassis. And I probably still will.

I’m running a little Sightmark reflex sight on mine, and I am going to add some kind of a small riser for it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My takedown model uses a Hera Arms folding stock unit mated to a Copper Custom AR buffer tube adapter. The gun, 4 25rd mags, the factory 15rd mag, a 10rd mag all fit into a Cabela's deluxe double handgun case, with 600rds in the 2 pockets on the front.
https://s31.postimg.cc/tg9lnwpzf/20180507_153131-01.jpg

https://s31.postimg.cc/kza3czdkr/20180505_152848-01.jpg
View Quote
And there it is... I will be copying that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Throw mine in here as well.

Link Posted: 8/23/2018 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here’s my Charger with a brace build.  Picked up the Charger yesterday and just now put it together. I think I need some kind of space or washer between the castle nut and stock adapter, any ideas?

I used the eBay knockoff stock adapter, with Kak shockwave tube and kak brace I already had. I also found that tiny grip in my junk box.  It’s marked CBIR over a T, Troy?  The optic is a Sightmark Zomie with a green reticle. I have one just like it on my 10/22 TD that has been great.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/0E72F783-D3D3-44CB-85B0-113831811286-641266.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/E7C1C1A5-348E-4FEB-8B61-52DD5725A138-641267.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/3693C5FF-4888-42DE-A075-60CF80AA92A7-641274.jpg
View Quote
I finally took this to the range this morning. Shot Aguila standard velocity and CCI Blazer.  Went through about 200 rounds, got the little Sightmark reflex sight dialed in easily.  I had to put a short riser under the sight, it sits too low otherwise.  Light, and very easy to make hits with. seems to be more accurate than a standard 10/22.

Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to have to figure something out for the cmore mount. It is perfectly situated for someone with a head the size of a lemon. Besides the mount hiccup, I'm a big fan of the adapter. It turns the charger into something very useable...

Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
What brace is that?  Looks smaller than the standard shockwave.

Quoted:
I'm going to have to figure something out for the cmore mount. It is perfectly situated for someone with a head the size of a lemon. Besides the mount hiccup, I'm a big fan of the adapter. It turns the charger into something very useable...

https://i.imgur.com/WJ0mgRR.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What brace is that?  Looks smaller than the standard shockwave.
View Quote
It's the Blade 2.0
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's the Blade 2.0
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#11]
My Charger project is complete!

Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My Charger project is complete!

https://i.imgur.com/5BVXVmgl.jpg
View Quote
That looks great!  I am in the process of doing about the same thing, but making it an SBR.

So far:

-Kidd 1S trigger
-Kidd charging handle
-Kidd guide/spring kit
-Kid bolt carrier
-TacSol Axiom (my floater .22lr can until my second one gets out of jail)
-CC adapter which I decided to not use with a brace because I didn't want to waste money on a brace just to use until SBR paperwork is approved; it will be put on with a regular extension and a Magpul stock once the stamp is in hand
-F1 submitted!
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Just finished mine.  Well, sorta anyway...  The grip in the photos was just a spare I had laying around, and I have a new one coming.  Also have a BX TG to put in this weekend.  And I'm debating about whether or not to add a folding mechanism.

Ruger Charger complete receiver

PMACA chassis (Subsonic) (After reading about can clearance on a post by Swampfox I emailed PMACA and told them which can I'd be using with the 4.5" barrel.  It's relieved for proper clearance )

KAK Blade 2.0  (While I really like the SB3A better, and would use one on an AR pistol build over the Blade, for this gun I wanted minimal bulk and weight.  It's working out great and is half the $$.  The SB3A is much nicer overall though, AND has a QD socket built in!)

4.5" TI barrel (keeps bulk ammo subsonic)

Primary Arms Advanced RD

Dead Air Mask HD

Only put a hundred or so HV rounds through it just dinking around and sighting in the RD.  So far so good.  I'll run a couple hundred more HV break in rounds through it this weekend and then try CCI SV to see if it'll run them reliably.  If not, I have a radiused bolt, Kidd reduced power spring and guide rod, and I have a few other things I can do to slick up the action if required.  WHile it'll be shot pretty much exclusively with the can, I'd like it to be reliable with SV ammo running naked.  Let the tinkering begin!

One thing that I haven't worked out yet...  I'd like to run a QD single point sling.  While not a huge SP fan for a more serous use, this is just a backyard plinker for me.  So, for the needs with this gun (just letting it dangle and not having to lay it down while loading mags and such) I think it's the way I want to go just to KISS.  Due to the difference in shape between this chassis and the AR receiver, an AR style QD socket end plate causes hand interference.  So far, the only thing I've come up with is to drill and tap the rear side of the chassis and bolt on a modified M-Lock style QD socket.  Kinda hate to do that if there's an easier or better solution.  Any ideas??

So, here is was fresh out of the box...

Anyway, here's some crappy photos I took after getting it together and test fired.  I hope to get some better shots of it soon...

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm more a fan of the Retro look.

I finished this the other day. I'm gonna call it the Ruger MP-22

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm more a fan of the Retro look.

I finished this the other day. I'm gonna call it the Ruger MP-22

http://oi64.tinypic.com/308fllz.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/xbygdz.jpg
View Quote
That looks awesome!  Can you list the specs?  Yes I’d like to build one just like it!
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That looks awesome!  Can you list the specs?  Yes I’d like to build one just like it!
View Quote
Thanks.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Rcbif-s-MP-22-Charger-Build-HK-MP-5-look-alike-/11-494427/
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#20]
off topic, but here goes anyway... before you buy the rifle kits for your Charger, stick a dot scope forward for good eye relief ( I use a Vortex Spitfire) and bring your wrist/grip up tight, bracing it against your chin as if you were shooting a rifle, pull back on the fore end and see how well it shoots in that position...

if you have ejection problems with your Ruger 25 round mags, I have a couple of suggestions
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
off topic, but here goes anyway... before you buy the rifle kits for your Charger, stick a dot scope forward for good eye relief ( I use a Vortex Spitfire) and bring your wrist/grip up tight, bracing it against your chin as if you were shooting a rifle, pull back on the fore end and see how well it shoots in that position...

if you have ejection problems with your Ruger 25 round mags, I have a couple of suggestions
View Quote
@lasnyder

Post up your suggestions. I built one of these because of the thread here, and its been a huge disappointment. About 1 in every 5 FTE and jams up the whole thing. Unfortunately its too heavily modified already to send back to ruger.

I have a new Kidd bolt waiting at home- hoping that fixes the problem.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Kornbread.. I did several modifications, so am not sure which actually solved (200 rounds so far without a glitch) the extraction problem using bulk Federal Auto Match and CCI Blazer in the 25 rounder... the 15 that came with the Charger worked fine.... the most likely cure was to add an extra power extractor spring (Midway).... I then  relieved the inside of the extractor so it would move inward to grip the entire rim of the cartridge better (travel is limited when it pivots against the bolt), and took a little off the inside bottom of the extractor hook so it better fit the cylindrical shape of the casing

then I angled the ejector slightly on the left side of the magazine lip to kick the cartridges out further toward 4:00

edit.. while fooling with the magazine, I added the .22lr casing bushing to the follower and spring mechanism, it did tighten it up some... youtube vid
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#23]
This thread ended up costing me too... Eventually I'll put a Hera SFU or a SB Tactical folding adapter. Right now my Venom red dot sits way too low, but I've got a scope in mind that will solve that problem.

https://www.primaryarms.com/sb-tactical-buffer-tube-folding-adapter

Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#24]
2007 charger
PMACA standard chassis
Promag extended mag release
JWH extended charging handle
Gen 1 AFG
UTG scout rail
eBay folding adapter
SB mini brace
5” foam over pistol tube
Cmore red dot.
I wanted a low profile rail to mount the afg so it would be as close to the chassis as possible.
I used the original Ruger optic rail and drilled new/larger holes. This worked perfect.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

10/22 Charger take down.
PMACA TD  light weight chassis.
KNS precision AR to 1913 rail adapter.
Sig FS1913 brace.
Bushnell TRS red dot.

Tried the SBA3 and it was to bulky when folded.

Also tried the Sig SB MPX, but it was to narrow to fit the PMACA chassis.

This would have been the perfect setup.

Sill have to work on the trigger, barrel, and other fun items.  This has been one costly little 10/22...
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Since my last post I've added a folding mechanism to make this little bugger more compact...

An added benefit of the folding hinge is that it spaced the end plate swivel socket back enough to be usable for my needs.  I haven't got a SP sling for it yet, but the new location of the socket give me room for my hand on the grip now, so I think it'll work.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#27]
AGP stock and folding brace adapter

Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#28]
That’s interesting. First pic I was like, “that’s kind of ugly”. Then I saw the barrel taken off and stored inside the brace and thought, “well that’s better” then I scrolled some more and saw the brace removed and I was like “That’s interesting and very cool”  I dont know if I would rather go this route or a take-down with a folder. Really like the double take-down concept. First time I’ve seen it.

Edit, I’m an idiot. Didn’t realize it was a folder. I thought the buffer tube detached. That makes my decision easier. Nice handy package. Magpul stock cant do that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#29]
This might show it better.  Yeah, Im not digging the all black setup either.  I might switch it over to the tan stock.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-7cR34bty9Ja1xVidRzTiU7VIlp8_Sxw
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#30]
SAMFAMAZ, Is that Stock Set currently available at AGP???

That Stock Set is exactly what I'm looking for.

If it is, I'll drive there and get 1 FAST !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Great Thread!
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Finished my budget build. Found a charger at a silly price. CC adapter, vortex red/green dot, and the sbx brace were all things in my box of trade bait.

I am surprised on how accurate it is VS my 3 other 10/22s

Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice build is this a stock charger with a short barrel? I am looking to get a charger
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nice build is this a stock charger with a short barrel? I am looking to get a charger
View Quote
Stock Chargers have a 10 inch barrel.

I forgot to mention that I have a Oculus 22 on mine. I have to say it is a lot of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#35]

enoch chassis
Sig folder
Kidd barrel
Kidd trigger pack
vortex crossfire dot
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Here's some ideas:

Barrel cut and threaded to 4.5"
PMACA Lite
Hera SFU
Shockwave Rail
UTG Scout rail

https://i.imgur.com/ktDBXtE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vBy6dzD.jpg
View Quote
@joshv06

Is that utg scout rail solid enough for a scout scope?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 2:49:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/4UAKBlam.jpg

enoch chassis
Sig folder
Kidd barrel
Kidd trigger pack
vortex crossfire dot
View Quote
That is a real short combination right there. I like it. Like many of my 10/22's I can see trippeling the cost... Again... LOL
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#40]
@sq40 - what's the build parts on that? Barrel length, PMACA chassis style, etc -- I'm looking to assemble something similar...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

@sq40 - what's the build parts on that? Barrel length, PMACA chassis style, etc -- I'm looking to assemble something similar...
View Quote
I haven’t decided on parts yet.  I made a mockup with photoshop to see what people thought.

What are your thoughts?  Does it look good?

(I meant to ask-in the post.)
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/4UAKBlam.jpg

enoch chassis
Sig folder
Kidd barrel
Kidd trigger pack
vortex crossfire dot
View Quote
What is rhe length of pull with that brace?

Very nice, by the way.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Here we are 10 days in and the second page of a pistol discussion (thread belongs in the Handgun Section, Ruger Forum), and the Moderator(s) leave it here.

Great job Moderators!  Too busy saving site resources?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Copper Custom brace adapter and Shockwave 2.0 buffer tube and brace...

Link Posted: 10/20/2019 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Are these considered an SBR when they have the copper custom adapter and stock?

I want to build one and don’t want to apply for an SBR. If so I’ll buy a Ruger takedown with the magpie stock.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I haven’t decided on parts yet.  I made a mockup with photoshop to see what people thought.

What are your thoughts?  Does it look good?

(I meant to ask-in the post.)
View Quote
Can't say @sq40, the pic appears to have disappeared.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#47]
With stock = sbr
With brace = pistol (or firearm if over 26”).
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#49]
That looks great. I want to do the same chassis and brace.

What is the length of pull with that brace. Guessing just under 13.5".....can you verify that?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#50]
my PMACA take down chassis (rear only) came today... stuck the Charger on.. the laminated fore end was retained, as I don't really care about the aesthetics... added a KAK 8 1/2" buffer tube for a SB, and no brace or blade is used... gives me similar LOP ( nose to charging handle) I get with my AR pistols... Vortex SPARCII rounded out the package
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top