Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2017 8:56:35 AM EDT
I am pretty new to 10/22 and subsonic ammo. I put together a 10/22 after seeing a friend’s custom integrally suppressed 10/22.  My rifle is a Gemtec mist integral on an all Kidd receiver in a Magpul stock.  I sighted in and zeroed the scope with Federal Automatch at 50 yards.  I had a mag with 5 Automatch and 5 Gemtec subs so I could hear the difference. The 5 subs grouped neatly about a inch left and maybe an inch and a half low.  Is this normal?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes - it is normal for a 22 (or any gun/ammo combo, really) to shoot different ammo to a different point of impact.  

If you can, take 5 or 6 different brands/types of ammo out to the range - shoot a couple of 10 shot groups with each one - you will find one or two of them shoot better in that gun. Sight in for that ammo, and buy more of it.

While CCI Std. Vel. is my 22lr ammo of choice, and it shoots well in many of my guns, some shoot other brands/loads better. If you are searching for the best accuracy, you have some (fun) homework to do.    

Good luck,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed above. 22’s will have a certain load they like best and every rifle is different, even two rifles of the same
Make /model
FWIW all standard velocity ammo will be subsonic so searching out specifically labeled subsonic not suppressor ammo is not needed. I would still try all types and brands you can find to identify your rifles favorite but to be honest most brands “hot new subsonic” or “suppressor “ ammo is essentially rebranded standard velocity target ammo, just a marketing ploy to appeal to a newer market segment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top