Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2017 4:40:51 PM EDT
Anyone know why Browning and Ruger have so few threaded options for the Mark IV and Buck Mark lines?  Browning has only 2 of 24 Buck Marks with threaded barrel and Ruger only offers it with polymer framed 22/45 Mark IV pistols (metal frame = 0 threaded models).   Suppressors are gaining in popularity and Ruger even makes them now, plus is still nice to have the option to use a compensator.   I noticed this because I have some cans in jail and recently went 22 pistol shopping.   Ended up with a Browning Buck Mark Field Target Suppressor Ready and love it (other than only coming with 1 mag.. minor gripe).  Was surprised at how few options I had for a metal framed classic style 22 with a factory threaded barrel.  Pretty sure the market would support them offering more.  Aside from spending a few hundred more just to get a threaded barrel, the barreled upper on the Ruger is the serialized part so there goes another 10 to 45 for transfer fee.  

Going to buy another 22 pistol soon so I can go suppressed shooting with the lady in a few months when my stamps arrive and would buy a Mark IV to have some variety and I love my other Ruger, but probably going to get another Buck Mark because they come threaded.  At least if I buy the Camper model I can say I own the entire 2017 threaded Buck Mark product line :\
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The Mark IV tactical is threaded and has the metal lower with the standard grip angle. NOT the 22/45 tactical, just the tactical.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Mark IV tactical is threaded and has the metal lower with the standard grip angle. NOT the 22/45 tactical, just the tactical.
View Quote
Thanks I must have missed that.  Still not something I am interested in.  I prefer a longer barrel and do not care for that bottom rail.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Assuming it's like the MkIII's, that bottom rail's bolted on & can be easily removed for later use. 
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Because the suppressor market isn't that big.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Ruger did have a Mk III that had a factory threaded barrel, available in both 4" or 5.5" configuration. I believe it was a TALO exclusive. The annoying thing was that the 4" did not have iron sights but the 5.5" inch did. However, the 5.5" version did not keep bulk pack ammo subsonic.

Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It's odd there aren't more options, going with the buckmark SR (front fiber optic front sight, not full top rail.). I wished they made it in a longer barrel version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top