Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2017 11:37:32 PM EDT
Is there a standard for sighting optics? Specifically a BSA 22 scope and bushnell trs 25 red dot.

Is there a standard because it's confusing the hell out of me. Am I moving the point of impact  or the point of aim with the cross hairs? In my head if I turn the windage right I should be moving the the point of aim right so in effect moving poi left. Or adjusting elevation to the right would move the point of aim (cross hair) down thus moving the poi up? Is this correct? Does it hold true for every optic despite what direction it says on the knob? If so why does the trs 25 (and others) have a windage adjustment with an R with and an arrow pointing to the left! Sh*ts making me crazy!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
For most optics, the adjustments are labeled as if you were moving the point of impact to the point of aim, even though you are doing the opposite. Direction to turn the adjustment varies by individual model.
In your TRS example above, with an R and an arrow pointing counterclockwise, if your point of impact was to the left of your point of aim, turning the windage adjustment counterclockwise would move the point of aim to the left, which from the shooter's perspective, would seem to move the point of impact to the right.
In most scopes, clockwise is down in elevation, and right in windage.

Disclaimer: I don't have a TRS, so I may be wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top