Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 1:50:34 AM EDT
Since I couldn't decide between the two, I bought both a Ruger American Rimfire and a Savage MK II FV-SR as both the wife and I wanted a bolt action 22. Now we're looking for scopes on them. Most of our shooting will be just target shooting but there may be some varmint shots or rabbits. Realistically, for us, likely never out past 100yards and mostly within 50 yards for any shots. I'm leaning towards the Nikon Prostaff Target EFR ($189.99) based on some review but not sure if its worth $$ over something like the Vortex Crossfire II 2-7 Rimfire (~129.99). Heck the Savage rifle itself only cost me $250 delivered incl tax & transfer fees.

Dunno if having a scope that is 75% of the cost of the rifle makes sense for a plinker and soon to be suppressor host.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I just replaced a Bushnell 6x24 40mm AO with a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x rimfire on my 10-22.   I could not shoot easily from 25 - 50 yards with the bushnell.  The vortex is a very nice scope for the money.   I can leave both eyes open at 2x.  I may get another one for my other 10-22.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I just put the Nikon Prostaff 3x9 EFR scope on my Ruger American Rimfire, and I'm very happy with it. It is crystal clear, and adjusts for parallax down to 10 yards. The capped adjustable turrets are easy to set to zero once you sight it in. The only complaint I've ever heard was that the turret covers are plastic, and that has not been a concern/problem for me.

The "Precision Reticle" is great for target shooting - I like it so much, I'll be getting another one for one of my 10/22's soon.

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Went to Cabela's today to have a look. Went ahead with the Target EFR.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I wish I could have gotten to you earlier. I just bought one of these for about $76: Bushnell 3.5-10x36

It's going on an Appleseed rifle (I'm blind as a bat). I wanted something that could adjust for paralax, since they shoot at 25m. I thought it was a pretty good deal. YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top