Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2017 3:06:53 AM EDT
The CDNN GSG 522 Last Edition for $299 is calling out to me. But with recently buying in to suppressors I'm looking to ensure any rimfire purchases have threaded barrels. Is it possible to easily get and use a threaded barrell to accommodate a suppressor on a 522?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're looking to suppress buy something else. They used to make adapters that slide over the barrel & thread into the sight tree but haven't seen anyone make them in a year or more.
Some have threaded the barrel on but it's about the dia of a pencil  and don't think it was threaded 1/2x28 because the barrel is so thin.

I have a 522p and an ati thread adapter. Shot it once suppressed and had a minor end cap strike. Never Shot it again with it on. I'd definitely go with something else if I had to do it over again with a suppressor in mind. By itself the rifle is fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're looking to suppress buy something else. They used to make adapters that slide over the barrel & thread into the sight tree but haven't seen anyone make them in a year or more.
Some have threaded the barrel on but it's about the dia of a pencil  and don't think it was threaded 1/2x28 because the barrel is so thin.

I have a 522p and an ati thread adapter. Shot it once suppressed and had a minor end cap strike. Never Shot it again with it on. I'd definitely go with something else if I had to do it over again with a suppressor in mind. By itself the rifle is fun to shoot.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. will look for others
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a S&W 15-22 - it's wonderful for your application
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top