Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Just received a PMACA (it is the take-down version).  I realized after it arrived that I only ordered the back half.

Attachment Attached File

Here is my Charger Takedown:

Attachment Attached File

Receiver installed in chassis:

Attachment Attached File

And finally the stabilizing arm brace and suppressor installed:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  Couldn't find one of those tailhook things in stock so I went with this one.  If it happens to touch the shoulder and the end of the tube isn't in your shoulder pocket it is slightly flexy. End of tube making contact to your body and it doesn't get to flex.  I'm going to track down a shorter buffer tube to cut the length down. The Spikes tube plus the folding adapter adds mucho length.

EDIT: Found a shorter pistol tube in the parts box.  The brace sits flush with the castle nut now.  That took an easy 2 inches out of LOP.  It'll end up being slightly under 13" LOP.
https://i.imgur.com/EHio0p1.jpg
CHRIS
View Quote
Looks great!
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, do I just got a used stock barrel on ebay for 30 bucks which I shipped out for threading, figure under a hundred bucks  a good price for an experiment.   I think I'm buying a six inch kidd too, because options are good.so pumped.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I decided to order and install the long rail on my short charger build to make it a little more user friendly to shoot...especially for my kids (think lets keep all our fingers).

The main reason I added it, is because I see Bushnell makes a sort of angled forearm/laser that may be ideal om thr front of this gun. Until I buy one, it will look as shown, which is comfortable to wrap 2 fingers around.

I also thought that I should try out a few non-BX25 mags...just because. No particular reason.

30rd compact champion double stack. Works well with ammo it likes...other ammo it won't even allow you to load. Like it due to length.

Also tried 2 of the archangel 25rs mags. Like that they are not so curved and they resemble MP5 mags. They actually worked very well so far...only tried em twice, but very promising.

Yes, sadly my work bench always looks like this.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Which folder is that?  Does it lock and do you like it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hera Arms SFU

Doesn't lock in folded position, but not floppy.

Yes, I like it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
The XLR industries folder is darn near identical to the SFU, I believe they both have a spring loaded detent to help them stay folded. I ended up going with that as not many places have the SFU in stock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#8]
@SnaitN
I tried some 36gr 525rd bulk pack in that 6" Kidd barrel.  It's still supersonic where I'm at.  Didn't run it over a chrono to get FPS.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@SnaitN
I tried some 36gr 525rd bulk pack in that 6" Kidd barrel.  It's still supersonic where I'm at.  Didn't run it over a chrono to get FPS.

CHRIS
View Quote
Try some 40gr bulk loads. Most likely will still be supper but worth a shot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#10]
You guy's made me spend more money.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You guy's made me spend more money.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17225/IMG_1447-488865.JPG
View Quote
Nice, have you re-profiled the top of your K grip yet? One thing I don't like about the PMACA Chassis is the poor fit to the AR grip which leaves your middle finger riding the front edge at the top of the grip.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:41:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks! No, haven't shot it yet. Didn't know there was a mod for it.

Quoted:

Nice, have you re-profiled the top of your K grip yet? One thing I don't like about the PMACA Chassis is the poor fit to the AR grip which leaves your middle finger riding the front edge at the top of the grip.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Some better pictures. It seems to be shooting fine now. I guess it took a few rounds to settle in. A friend and I was shooting yesterday and it cycled just fine both Winchester western bulk HV & CCI SV. Its by far the quieter of the 2-22 SBRs I have. The SBR AR22 I have is 2 times louder.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Medieval,

Can you take a picture with the can removed?
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Medieval,

View Quote
Sure, here you go.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Chopped 4.5in barrel Shipping from Class III tomorrow!  I can't wait, going to get it hooked up to the receiver and toss the slim flash can on as a thread protector when not running the suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medieval,

Sure, here you go.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17225/IMG_1489_2-490211.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17225/IMG_1487_2-490212.JPG
What is your barrel length? It looks real nice.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What is your barrel length? It looks real nice.
View Quote
Thanks! I think it is at 8.625. Could have gone a little shorter.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a NIB Charger for cheap and made it into a pistol.  The other 10/22 is an SBR, with way more money into it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I got all my parts together and am pretty disappointed that this style just isn’t my cup of tea. I like the AR grip and stock on ARs just not this apparently.  If anyone is looking for a chassis and side folding adapter...
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#21]
So I got everything together, I'll try to put up some pictures tomorrow.  I'm making a real effort to not do the math on what I've spent on this thing.

Charger
PMACA chassis, 'standard suppressed'
Tailhook
KAK pistol tube
Chinese folding adapter
Factory 10/22 barrel, used w/damaged crown off eBay, cut to 4.5in by Class III
KAK slimline flash can
Magpul handstop kit
Hogue overmolded grip (sitting around the house)
25x2 mag
No name CDNN red dot sight

I ended up ditching the folder.  While it was cool, I really disliked the extra length of pull it added. Just didn't feel right.  Has anyone else used the KAK Tailhook tube?  I REALLY like it, it has a different look from the straight pistol tube and I like the bit of swell it has, plus the ridge cut for the brace is pretty awesome.  I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it handles GREAT.  The slim flashcan does a great job of extending length when there's not a suppressor attached as well, plus it looks very cool.

Also decided to actually make use of the charger stock that was now empty.  Have one of the "tactical" 10/22s around w/the threaded barrel but the barrel band stock and I thought this would make a great upgrade for that.  Got a Copper Custom adapter, a milspec tube, and a UTG adjustable stock on one of those Primary Arms sales that gets emailed like five times a week and did up the charger stock.  With the UTG bipod that came with the charger it is going to be a GREAT stock for the carbine!
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm making a real effort to not do the math on what I've spent on this thing.
View Quote
Good move!

Message me info on the chicom folding adapter if you are getting rid of it.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#23]
All sorts of shit has been ordered...

Thanks to you assholes!

Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Where to find:

- anyone know where to find just the front end of a PMACA take-down chassis (new or used)??

Obviously I'm aware I could just buy direct from PMACA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good move!

Message me info on the chicom folding adapter if you are getting rid of it.

CHRIS
View Quote
Where can I find a knock off adapter?   Looking in all the usual places and the XLR one is $115 plus shipping.   That’s about 70% what I paid for the gun.

Edit.  Specifically the Hera or XLR knock off.  DH Gate doesn’t have it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#26]
That's the problem, I wasn't able to find a streamlined adapter like the HERA for under a hundred and change.  The UTG folding adapters are big boxy hinges that remind me of a Romanian ak wire folder, but they are cheap on ebay and work.  Just wasn't a fan.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's the problem, I wasn't able to find a streamlined adapter like the HERA for under a hundred and change.  The UTG folding adapters are big boxy hinges that remind me of a Romanian ak wire folder, but they are cheap on ebay and work.  Just wasn't a fan.
View Quote
I bought a UTG recently; the cheapest in-stock source was Optics planet (something like $12).

The UTG design seems to be a copy of the DoubleStar U.S. made hinge.

For $12, you get a functional folding arm brace hinge, but the aluminum casting is painted instead of anodized.  At present, there is a slight wiggle to it. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered a UTG one this week as well. I've got a 5" barreled Kuehl conversion that I'm going to throw on an extra SBR lower that I have. I couldn't find a Hera clone either.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#29]
The one I have on it now was from an AK.  Yes it’s functional.  Yes it’s overkill and not blending with Charger.

So much that I’m considering removing it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I officially have a problem....I just ordered my 3rd PMACA chassis.....long nose this time.

I now either have to buy another charger, or I may sell my original base style chassis. I have some pondering to do
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I want to build another Charger "for my wife"...and she doesn't even shoot much with us. lol.
My two.

EDIT: The UTG folder is shit.  Don't waste your $15 dollars on it.
CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Why did I read this whole thread lol? :(

Lot of inspiration in this thread. I've kinda had an itch to buy myself a Charger.  I think I "need" another host for my soon to be home Dead Air Mask.  Part of me wants to do another super shorty .22lr dedicated upper for one of the AR lowers I have.  But I know ultimately that will mean acquiring another AR lower to use it 24/7 lol.  But when I see all these Charger threads I think to myself that could be just as fun to have.  A 4.5 inch barrel will pretty much guarantee .22lr staying subsonic. That is the length I'd opt for once I got tired of the stock configuration the Charger came with. Either have that barrel chopped/threaded or buy one already 4.5 inch. What do you guys recommend on that one?

I'm really digging some of the builds you guys have done with this PMACA chassis. I may eventually wind up with one. It also isn't helping I got myself an SBA3 for my Blackout AR pistol leaving me with a GHW tailhook needing a new host. Theres also that Copper Custom tube adapter to use with the stock polymer Charger but I think I'd spending the extra coin on this PMACA chassis would be a better choice. What do you think?

I agree, you guys posting all this awesomeness is wanting to make me spend money too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Theres also that Copper Custom tube adapter to use with the stock polymer Charger but I think I'd spending the extra coin on this PMACA chassis would be a better choice. What do you think?
View Quote
Have both setups and the Copper Custom adapter is a nice way to add a brace. The overall pistol ends up much lighter than a PMACA chassis build. I also don't have as much invested in the CC brace adapter so I don't baby it as much as my PMACA builds.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#34]
@engineer

Thanks.  I appreciate your insight.  Like I said this is a future project to keep in mind.  I'd have to snag a Charger first before I could commit to anything.  Keep em coming, I like seeing what folks conjure up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
What folding mechanism did you use?
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What folding mechanism did you use?
View Quote
Personally, I used one I found on DHGate.com...takes a little searching because I can't give you a link but it's there. I don't know if I'd use it for anything critical, but it's more than good for a range toy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I want to build another Charger "for my wife"...and she doesn't even shoot much with us. lol.
My two.
https://i.imgur.com/X6sN19X.jpg

EDIT: The UTG folder is shit.  Don't waste your $15 dollars on it.
CHRIS
View Quote
@Cixelsyd

what handguard is on the top rifle?
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@Cixelsyd

what handguard is on the top rifle?
View Quote
@bushmaster069
It's a Nordic Components small diameter FF tube that I modified.  I can't find it listed on their site anymore.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Cleaned mine today. About the only update I have.

I have put 1000 + rds thru mine since the stamp was approved. First few mags had some issues but it functions fine now. Have fired it some unsuppressed and functioned ok. Most of my shooting is with my Spectre II and it’s 100%.  Since it’s clean need to test how reliable it is without the can.

I’m sure HV will cycle it fine. Want to see what SV and subs will do.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Been lurking here for a while and finally decided to build one of these. I ended up with a Hera SFU and had a question for those utilizing one on their PMACA's. I see some of you did not use a spacer to mount the SFU to the chassis. How did you go about doing this while keeping the folding mechanism straight? I don't like the silver cadmium plated spacer that came with the chassis because it looks odd on my all black setup. It looks like some of you maybe painted yours too? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This gun has been real fun to piece together, just need to sort out that one detail.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Been lurking here for a while and finally decided to build one of these. I ended up with a Hera SFU and had a question for those utilizing one on their PMACA's. I see some of you did not use a spacer to mount the SFU to the chassis. How did you go about doing this while keeping the folding mechanism straight? I don't like the silver cadmium plated spacer that came with the chassis because it looks odd on my all black setup. It looks like some of you maybe painted yours too? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This gun has been real fun to piece together, just need to sort out that one detail.
View Quote
Post a pic. I left mine silver.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Post a pic. I left mine silver.
View Quote
Will do once I get it assembled. Yours looks great! I went with Standard chassis, KIDD 6", MG tailhook/tube, Hera SFU, and Magpul K grip.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Wish I’d have seen this a week ago when I was ordering one. I did not see the Subsonic Standard chassis on their website, so it was probably a limited run anyway.

No worries. Nothing that can’t be fixed with a sanding drum. Just no pretty-looking anodizing at the front end. But since that will mostly be covered by a can, it will be ok.

The 10/22 is one I SBR’d around 15 years ago. I’ve used a 5” Lilja match barrel at one time (bulk ammo went supersonic). Before that a 4” chopped factory barre. It kept most everything subsonic, but wouldn’t cycle without the can. 4.5” seems to be the happy length for keeping bulk ammo sub, and still cycling unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wish I’d have seen this a week ago when I was ordering one. I did not see the Subsonic Standard chassis on their website, so it was probably a limited run anyway.

No worries. Nothing that can’t be fixed with a sanding drum. Just no pretty-looking anodizing at the front end. But since that will mostly be covered by a can, it will be ok.

https://i.imgur.com/G2ubmhfh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tQMo6y3h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7NWqJa9h.jpg

The 10/22 is one I SBR’d around 15 years ago. I’ve used a 5” Lilja match barrel at one time (bulk ammo went supersonic). Before that a 4” chopped factory barre. It kept most everything subsonic, but wouldn’t cycle without the can. 4.5” seems to be the happy length for keeping bulk ammo sub, and still cycling unsuppressed.
View Quote
Nice build. From my understanding they have the subsonic chassis but they are not advertised, just have to request it when ordering.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Just found this thread, thanks $$$$

Planning a new build.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#47]
There was a subsonic standard chassis for sale on the EE.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There was a subsonic standard chassis for sale on the EE.
View Quote
Was sounds like past tense

Was just over at RFC, PMACA has some comments about building some magnesium alloy chassis, interesting.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Was sounds like past tense

Was just over at RFC, PMACA has some comments about building some magnesium alloy chassis, interesting.
View Quote
Sounds neat. Wish they try one out of dense polymer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#50]
All of these builds are really cool.
I want to start one of these but I'm curious how you guys decided on your pistol setup?

Takedown versus non takedown
Ruger takedown(charger with copper custom) versus PMACA takedown versus AGP takedown
Ruger versus volquartsen versus KIDD parts

I like the idea of a pistol with a 10 " bull barrel that is takedown  That way you get a little longer barrel but it breaks down to an extremely small package.

Are Takedowns as accurate?
Can you use a volquartsen or kidd reciever and still have it be a takedown configuration?
Can I slap a gemtech mist takedown barrel on any of these configurations?

So many questions
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top