Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like they sent you a multi chassis.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/multi_chassis-453811.JPG

The one I bought was this one. In the notes I put Subsonic Standard Chassis for SBR build. They are good guys and will make it right.

Here is mine. I have no way of conforming that everything will work like planned. My host receiver is a rifle and no 4.5" barrel yet. I explained what I was doing to PMACA and gave him pics of another members build on here with measurements of my cans. And the chassis received was what they determined would work.
View Quote
Thanks for the pics and the IM.  PMACA sent me a return label and its back off to Cali and hopefully a new one will be in the mail on Tuesday.  I have other parts in the mail and still deciding what folding mechanism to get so Im not too bummed about it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone here have the PMACA long nose chassis? I have been thinking about a build for a long time now. I just dont know how it would look. Thanks to @HK_DUDE i know what it would look like with the standard multi chassis and a 10 inch barrel, but i want to know what it would look like with a 10 inch barrel and the long nose chassis.

Also, does anyone know what one of the better 1-9 twist barrels without fluting is, or one that is only 10 inches long?

It seems like i cant find one that short and most of the normal rifle length versions arw fluted so it would look weird if it was shortend.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for the pics and the IM.  PMACA sent me a return label and its back off to Cali and hopefully a new one will be in the mail on Tuesday.  I have other parts in the mail and still deciding what folding mechanism to get so Im not too bummed about it.
View Quote
Was it the multi chassis that they sent you?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Have a link by chance?  I'm looking for something that works but isn't over a hundred dollars to put on a .22.
View Quote
IM replied too. Here is a video of mine on my 22 AR pistol. I have F1 that lower waiting on stamp.

Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Was it the multi chassis that they sent you?
View Quote
Yes it was.  Apparently someone didn't read the notes section when packing up my order.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

IM replied too. Here is a video of mine on my 22 AR pistol. I have F1 that lower waiting on stamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3DmLl9l490
View Quote
@swampfoxoutdoors

Mind if i get a link to that folder as well? I am trying to put together a build as well.

Also, do you mind if we get some specs on that little 22lr AR15 pistol as well? That thing looked awesome!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@swampfoxoutdoors

Also, do you mind if we get some specs on that little 22lr AR15 pistol as well? That thing looked awesome!
View Quote
Not Sure if mods want me to link to chinese knock offs. But just search on DHgate Law folder and you should find them for $35.00 shipped. They are airsoft grade no way I would put one on a 5.56 but they are fine for the 22LRs. The only thing it is doing is holding on the buffer and KAK brace.

The below images represent 2 guns I have.

First 2 pics are my 22AR pistol with folding brace. (sbr pending) This will be my dedicated 22LR lower.
The second is my 5.56 SBR with the 22LR upper on it. No folding brace.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Build list on my 22 AR Pistol. (SBR Pending)

- Anderson Lower Engraved by Paul @ Makerbullets in Cumming Ga.
- $50.00 Assembled Aero upper receiver
- Mil Spec parts kit with JP Enterprises Reduced power spring kit.
- CMMG 4.5" Bolt & barrel Kit
- Magpul K1 (small) Grip (for my 6yr old daughters hands)
- CMMG dust cover (for 9mm & rimfire)
- Anderson Standard charging handle
- DH gate Chinese Law Folder (airsoft quality) plenty good for 22lr builds.
- KAK Shockwave Brace
- Live Free Blem Keymod rail like $30.00 or so.
- Vortex Spark AR red dot
- Spectre II Suppressor
- Better-Mag Adapter for S&W M&P22-15 Mags
- M&P 15-22 Mags Cane be found for $10.00
- Aguila Subsonic
- McFadden Machine Lightnin Grip Mag Loader. Worth every penny.

The JP Enterprises springs are needed for the gun to run subsonic loads reliably. The milspec hammer spring was to strong for the CMMG bolt to reset with the aguila Subs and some other brand subs as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does anyone here have the PMACA long nose chassis? I have been thinking about a build for a long time now. I just dont know how it would look. Thanks to @HK_DUDE i know what it would look like with the standard multi chassis and a 10 inch barrel, but i want to know what it would look like with a 10 inch barrel and the long nose chassis.

Also, does anyone know what one of the better 1-9 twist barrels without fluting is, or one that is only 10 inches long?

It seems like i cant find one that short and most of the normal rifle length versions arw fluted so it would look weird if it was shortend.
View Quote
@jmarkma has the build you need to see. Its pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#9]

OAL with the brace extended is 28.5" so a VFG should be gtg.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/qMeE8Es.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Gpr3PtU.jpg

OAL with the brace extended is 28.5" so a VFG should be gtg.
View Quote
That is a thing of beauty!! I wish there was some how a way to make the PWS summit a takedown as well. Then that would be the perfect pest rifle for me!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
ost
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok, so once again, you are all jerks.  Over the weekend I have spent what... five or six bills on building one of these cool little buggers?  Thank Jebus my buddy has a shop and sold me a Charger at five bucks over cost, because tonight I had a couple of beers and ordered a suppressor standard chassis (they have two left btw), a KAK tailhook tube, a folder piece, and a Tailhook.  This is going to be my most expensive "mess around" project in ages and I LOVE IT!

Now just have to find a 4.5 barrel because I want a bull, a hand stop and a sight.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok, so once again, you are all jerks.  Over the weekend I have spent what... five or six bills on building one of these cool little buggers?  Thank Jebus my buddy has a shop and sold me a Charger at five bucks over cost, because tonight I had a couple of beers and ordered a suppressor standard chassis (they have two left btw), a KAK tailhook tube, a folder piece, and a Tailhook.  This is going to be my most expensive "mess around" project in ages and I LOVE IT!

Now just have to find a 4.5 barrel because I want a bull, a hand stop and a sight.
View Quote
Welcome to the most fun money pit...haha.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#15]
The CS has been so good from them that as soon as I get my first buy from them I'm probably going to buy a long nose to redo another 10.22 in the safe.  I'm really impressed so far, can't wait for the product.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Also....thanks to Jmarkma I may need to build a 3rd now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:55:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Welcome to the most fun money pit...haha.
View Quote
Oh it is freaking awful, I love it!  This thing is going to be a freaking monster.  What is everyone using for sights?  I'm thinking a PA red dot, but I'm not sure.  Is there a crazy value out there I don't know?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oh it is freaking awful, I love it!  This thing is going to be a freaking monster.  What is everyone using for sights?  I'm thinking a PA red dot, but I'm not sure.  Is there a crazy value out there I don't know?
View Quote
I’m using a trs-25 on mine. They are pretty cheap and work well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]
So now that I have the chassis and brace assembly in the way along with a couple if different folder adapters to test,  I am rethinking barrel length foe this build.  I realize the current consensus is that the 4.5 is where it is at for reliable bulk pack subsonic, however I'm really mulling over the reliability factor with thst length versus a six incher.  
Kidd makes a stock six inch threaded bull that looks pretty slick, I realize this will make most bulk pack go supersonic, but I have to think this may also be a little more reliable for consistency in cycling.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My 4.5" is reliable. I think there are more things you can change like the recoil spring assembly to tune your individual guns.
View Quote
I'm actually considering a poor man's AR15.COM of 'get both' and buying the Kidd six inch and having ADCO chop and thread the stock barrel, then play test-time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm actually considering a poor man's AR15.COM of 'get both' and buying the Kidd six inch and having ADCO chop and thread the stock barrel, then play test-time.
View Quote
Check with EastTXhuner before you go with ADCO. He does a great job. Fast and cheap.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#24]
In case anyone is interested.  I added the CF handguard and a budget scope to my "long" build.

Done now,  unless the scope sucks;)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Got my stamp today. Caught me off guard.

Now I am searching for a standard barrel to chop down and the build will be complete.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I just got my chassis today, holy crap is this thing nice.  I'm going to order two long nose ASAP to retrofit a couple of rifles.

Edit:  It looks like there's going to be a space between the grip and chassis, is that the case?  If so, is there a spacer out there to buy?  I'm going to put a Hogue on it since the Magpuls look like the wrap for the web of the hand will fit oddly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I did SBR paperwork on a 10/22 last year, I just need to turn it into a sbr now. I think I'm going to buy a charger pistol, and swap the sbr receiver into it, then drop it into this chassis, and add a folding stock to it.

these look pretty sweet !

my biggest problem right now is determining the barrel length, I'm not sure I want to go with a 3-4" barrel, thinking of staying with the 8" barrel, maybe using the long chassis.. hmm... gonna need to look at a lot more pictures and figure this out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey guys, yet ANOTHER question!  See several pictures with handstops that look directly bolted up with the chassis, are the chassis screw positions the same as MLOK components?  I know NOTHING about mlok but it seems thst would be an easy solution if one could just take the rail piece off and direct screw an mlok piece on...
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hey guys, yet ANOTHER question!  See several pictures with handstops that look directly bolted up with the chassis, are the chassis screw positions the same as MLOK components?  I know NOTHING about mlok but it seems thst would be an easy solution if one could just take the rail piece off and direct screw an mlok piece on...
View Quote
The couple different handstops I have tried have been MLOK ones, just use one screw and secure to a factory threaded hole in the standard chassis. The shape of the forearm area combined with the shape of the handstop holds it from spinning. That was my case anyway using either end piece from the magpul MLOK handstop kit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The couple different handstops I have tried have been MLOK ones, just use one screw and secure to a factory threaded hole in the standard chassis. The shape of the forearm area combined with the shape of the handstop holds it from spinning. That was my case anyway using either end piece from the magpul MLOK handstop kit.
View Quote
That is what I was hoping... I think I will order up a Magpul mlok stop kit in OD and experiment.  15 bucks on this project is about nothing at this point, haha.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That is what I was hoping... I think I will order up a Magpul mlok stop kit in OD and experiment.  15 bucks on this project is about nothing at this point, haha.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember for sure, but I am pretty sure I had to use a different screw as the chassis is fine thread. I believe I used one of the screws from the detachable factory rail.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So now that I have the chassis and brace assembly in the way along with a couple if different folder adapters to test,  I am rethinking barrel length foe this build.  I realize the current consensus is that the 4.5 is where it is at for reliable bulk pack subsonic, however I'm really mulling over the reliability factor with thst length versus a six incher.  
Kidd makes a stock six inch threaded bull that looks pretty slick, I realize this will make most bulk pack go supersonic, but I have to think this may also be a little more reliable for consistency in cycling.
View Quote
I think I'm going to use the kidd barrel as well. They are $150.00 and seem well respected barrels.  I was originally going to buy a charger, and use the parts for my sbr, but I think I will be happier going a different route.

1. buy a older used stainless 10/22 with the metal trigger parts.
2. swap the receivers with my sbr receiver, that's on my squirrel rifle.
3. buy the chassis, and assemble the sbr receiver, and metal trigger parts.
4. add a folding stock
5. add the kidd 6 inch threaded barrel.
6. get the entire thing cerakoted / cerakote the stainless parts to match the chassis

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got a Charger with one of those short threaded Kidd barrels coming.  I ordered another PMACA multi chassis, pistol buffer tube, Hera SFU, SB Tactical SBL brace, and another BCM grip.  
Thanks guys!

CHRIS
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Finally finished the 10/22 SBR. Looking forward to getting home and testing fit with suppressors.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I need some 15RD Ruger mags now. I cannot express how awesome this thing feels in hand.
The Flash hider on the gun is a take off from a Ruger 10/22 stainless. If anyone has a Blued model they would like to get rid of PM me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Good news it works great with a Spectre II. Bad news my Mask will not fit. Also kinda hit or miss on reliability. The first 100 rds I put thru the gun was bad. Problems ejecting and loading. After 200rds it started to function a lot better. Still had a jam or failure to fire 1 in every 25 rds or so.
Attachment Attached File

Tried CCI SV and it was near 100%. Tried Agulia subsonic and while it sounded great it was hit or miss on reliably. Using the 10rd mags and it worked better. But the BX-25 did not work so good. Federal AE5022 cycled fine but would have the occasional ftf. Multiple hits with with firing pin and still no fire.

A common problem I did have with the federal and aguila is Filure to extract. The spent case would stay stuck in the chamber.

I think part of my problem is the gun is a little dirty and the recoil spring is cruded up.

The mask is so close to fitting. Another .01 and it would fit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/30AC67CA-4C7A-4FCC-87B4-220325E36A16-472894.JPG

Good news it works great with a Spectre II. Bad news my Mask will not fit. Also kinda hit or miss on reliability. The first 100 rds I put thru the gun was bad. Problems ejecting and loading. After 200rds it started to function a lot better. Still had a jam or failure to fire 1 in every 25 rds or so.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/C75BC902-3552-45D3-941D-409257D3D1B4-472892.JPG
Tried CCI SV and it was near 100%. Tried Agulia subsonic and while it sounded great it was hit or miss on reliably. Using the 10rd mags and it worked better. But the BX-25 did not work so good. Federal AE5022 cycled fine but would have the occasional ftf. Multiple hits with with firing pin and still no fire.

A common problem I did have with the federal and aguila is Filure to extract. The spent case would stay stuck in the chamber.

I think part of my problem is the gun is a little dirty and the recoil spring is cruded up.

The mask is so close to fitting. Another .01 and it would fit.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/B9346006-6FDD-42A9-9796-517B2EB1460E-472889.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/5EA733DE-7D76-47C2-A0F8-B2C92ABA6D09-472890.JPG
View Quote
I seem to remember getting a PM from you last year asking about mine- I'm glad to see you got it all together!

Some reliability tips:

1. HV ammo is definitely better, but it seems like you figured that out with the AE ammo. Although I can shoot CCI SV with near-100% reliability, my normal range ammo is the Remington 525 pack. The golden bullets are dirty but they make mine run like a top. As an added bonus, HV ammo is still subsonic out of a 4.5" barrel. That'll be a nice perk with the suppressor on there.

2. Just go ahead and buy an aftermarket extractor. They're like $20 and will save you lots of headaches trying to pry brass out of the chamber. I think I've got Volquartsen extractors in all of my Ruger MK series pistols and 10/22s. Even with the match chamber on my Beyer Barrel I still have 100% extraction.

3. If you're still having light strikes, try out the Volquartsen aftermarket firing pin. It may seem like snake oil, but it does make a difference. A buddy has done extensive testing on Rugers to try to get the most reliable firing pin strike, and he advised me to just buy the VQ option as an out of the box solution. Sure enough, my failure to fire issues with some ammo went away upon installation.

4. None of my autoloaders will run Aguila SV at all. I just tossed it in a box to run through my bolt guns. I don't know what it is, but I figured it wasn't worth the trouble to mess with it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I seem to remember getting a PM from you last year asking about mine- I'm glad to see you got it all together!

Some reliability tips:

1. HV ammo is definitely better, but it seems like you figured that out with the AE ammo. Although I can shoot CCI SV with near-100% reliability, my normal range ammo is the Remington 525 pack. The golden bullets are dirty but they make mine run like a top. As an added bonus, HV ammo is still subsonic out of a 4.5" barrel. That'll be a nice perk with the suppressor on there.

2. Just go ahead and buy an aftermarket extractor. They're like $20 and will save you lots of headaches trying to pry brass out of the chamber. I think I've got Volquartsen extractors in all of my Ruger MK series pistols and 10/22s. Even with the match chamber on my Beyer Barrel I still have 100% extraction.

3. If you're still having light strikes, try out the Volquartsen aftermarket firing pin. It may seem like snake oil, but it does make a difference. A buddy has done extensive testing on Rugers to try to get the most reliable firing pin strike, and he advised me to just buy the VQ option as an out of the box solution. Sure enough, my failure to fire issues with some ammo went away upon installation.

4. None of my autoloaders will run Aguila SV at all. I just tossed it in a box to run through my bolt guns. I don't know what it is, but I figured it wasn't worth the trouble to mess with it.
View Quote
Yes I did reach out to you about a Yr or so about info on your build.

I have a AR SBR with a 4.5" barrel that I can run the aguila Subs in. But I did have to install a reduced power hammer spring to get 100% reliability.

I think I am going to clean it really good and do the extractor upgrade. I read on a number of threads last night that the extractor was the culprit behind brass stuck in the chamber. When I had the gun apart I noticed that the recoil spring was super gritty and would kinda hang up. Im sure that is not helping things. This receiver & bolt combo has 1-2k of 100% subsonic rounds thru it. Probably just gummed up the system.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Interesting, I hadn't thought that the hammer spring could impact reliability that much.

Good luck getting the thing running again! I hope the extavtor solves your issues.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have a KIDD charging handle and their recoil spring kit. I believe I’m running the -10% spring and it works well.

The recoil spring absolutely matters make sure it gets cleaned out and lube up the gun a little.
View Quote
Didn’t know kidd made that. May have to buy one of those as well.

I showed the gun to my 7yr old she said it was awesome. Hope to get it running 100% and let her have at it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Do you need both the front and back parts of the PMACA take-down chassis?

Or will the rear work with the standard Charger fore end?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:35:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Good eye! It is an American Built Arms Side-Folding Adapter. I like it even better then the SFU...it locks in both positions. I prefer that, some do not.
View Quote
@HK_DUDE how tight is your American build folding adapter?  I got mine today and I was a little surprised how loose it was.  It also wouldn't lock in the open position until I forced the lever down (tapping it with a rubber mallet) a couple times.  It now locks solid in the open position but like I said its a little sloppy when closed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Short video of the PMACA build. Running 100% with Winchester western yesterday. It seems to be a lot quieter than my 4.5” AR22.

Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@HK_DUDE how tight is your American build folding adapter?  I got mine today and I was a little surprised how loose it was.  It also wouldn't lock in the open position until I forced the lever down (tapping it with a rubber mallet) a couple times.  It now locks solid in the open position but like I said its a little sloppy when closed.
View Quote
I have 2 now (1for future project) both seem like they have a solid lock up...I would say better them my HA SFU.

My one seemed locked up to, the first time...had to force it, has bern perfect ever since.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've got a Charger with one of those short threaded Kidd barrels coming.  I ordered another PMACA multi chassis, pistol buffer tube, Hera SFU, SB Tactical SBL brace, and another BCM grip.  
Thanks guys!

CHRIS
View Quote
Waiting on the Charger now.  I may end up putting that side folder on the rifle with the MIST.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#49]
That new SB brace looks good. Are the "wings" pretty firm? If it wqs to contact your shoulder, would they stay stiff or bend?

Personally, I would shorten the rear of the tube until the front of the rubber brace met the castle nut. That's juat me though.

Looks good man!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks.  Couldn't find one of those tailhook things in stock so I went with this one.  If it happens to touch the shoulder and the end of the tube isn't in your shoulder pocket it is slightly flexy. End of tube making contact to your body and it doesn't get to flex.  I'm going to track down a shorter buffer tube to cut the length down. The Spikes tube plus the folding adapter adds mucho length.

EDIT: Found a shorter pistol tube in the parts box.  The brace sits flush with the castle nut now.  That took an easy 2 inches out of LOP.  It'll end up being slightly under 13" LOP.

CHRIS
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top