Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 7:16:26 AM EDT
Since HK doesn't manufacture the A2 stock for the HK MP5 .22lr anymore, I bought a real HK MP5 A2 stock and modified it to fit my .22lr rifle.

I took my dremel and cut some extra material off the inside of the stock so it now fits on the rifle very snug, but the pin holes don't line up.

Has anyone done this modification before?  Any help is welcome!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I did the same thing and had no luck.
I removed so much material I got it to fit but now there is a up and down movement.
So I am going to have to add in some epoxy.
I wonder why the stopped making them.
I called Umerac and Walter hoping they had one squirreled away.
Nobody had a reason, no had one period.
I been watching all the sites hoping somebody would sell theirs.
Not a chance in hell.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Since the gun is made from airsoft spec parts why not use an airsoft a2 stock?

Umarex makes these rifles and they also make airsoft guns as well.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it was rrages that used to sell one already modded. I think all that had to be done was to Dremel out part of a ridge on one side.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
@rrages

Any help?  PM me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Airsoft stocks work without modification.  Bonus - they are considerably cheaper than the real thing, and you can store stuff in the stock if you want (since that's where the battery pack would go).
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Airsoft stocks work without modification.  Bonus - they are considerably cheaper than the real thing, and you can store stuff in the stock if you want (since that's where the battery pack would go).
View Quote
Which one in particular? I see many different Airsoft MP5-A2 style gun/parts for sale online.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which one in particular? I see many different Airsoft MP5-A2 style gun/parts for sale online.

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Yeah @jtb33 please let us know what works.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I had one of the very first GSG-5 22's from years ago.  It came with an A2 stock on it that was "meh".  I bought a box of broken parts from "Classic Army" and "Airsoft Elite / ICS" MP5's that included an A2 stock and an A3 stock.  Both fit on the GSG-522 without modification and were both better and more realistic than the one that came on the GSG.  The only issue I had with the collapsible stock was that if it was fully closed, one of the rails would block the ejection port, but I don't shoot it with the stock collapsed.

There are so many other Airsoft MP5 manufacturers out now, I have no idea on what others would fit - but those two brands had no issue fitting without any modification.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, I had one of the very first GSG-5 22's from years ago.  It came with an A2 stock on it that was "meh".  I bought a box of broken parts from "Classic Army" and "Airsoft Elite / ICS" MP5's that included an A2 stock and an A3 stock.  Both fit on the GSG-522 without modification and were both better and more realistic than the one that came on the GSG.  The only issue I had with the collapsible stock was that if it was fully closed, one of the rails would block the ejection port, but I don't shoot it with the stock collapsed.

There are so many other Airsoft MP5 manufacturers out now, I have no idea on what others would fit - but those two brands had no issue fitting without any modification.
View Quote
Ah, I have heard about airsoft fitting the GSG-522 before.  I thought you were referring to the HK MP5 .22LR
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry; I thought you were using "HK" as a generic reference to the "MP5-type" 22's.  I haven't been in the market for these since the first month they came out years ago and didn't realize that there are apparently not only a lot of new manufacturers of the MP5 type .22LR's, but also a lot of different versions/generations of them.  Wow.  My bad.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top