Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2017 9:23:19 PM EDT
took a while but I got the Papoose sent off for barrel threading, ended up putting on a three lug mount for my griffin arm Optimus. Wish I could shoot it put I just got Lasik so i need a few weeks to heal before I can take her out!

18596786_10209230922910252_1428049462_o by vr4rhoads, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks great! Who did the threading and did you have to get the front sight set back/relocated?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks great! Who did the threading and did you have to get the front sight set back/relocated?
View Quote
I sent it off to tornado technologies, think they recently increased their prices, it took a few months but they got it done. I think they set the front sight back a little as well at least thats what they say under their barrel threading prices under marlin papoose.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet.  I had the barrel on my old model threaded a couple of years ago; the old style front sight was easy enough to cut back enough to thread the barrel.  If I really want it quiet I use my left hand to hold the bolt closed when I fire.  

You can add a DP trigger and polish the insides for a little better trigger pull but don't expect to ever get a great trigger trigger out of them.  If you haven't disassembled it yet I highly recommend going ahead and ordering some extras of the small parts including the easily kinked while reinstalling main spring and the plastic buffer which eventually cracks next time you order from some place like Midway.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet.  I had the barrel on my old model threaded a couple of years ago; the old style front sight was easy enough to cut back enough to thread the barrel.  If I really want it quiet I use my left hand to hold the bolt closed when I fire.  

You can add a DP trigger and polish the insides for a little better trigger pull but don't expect to ever get a great trigger trigger out of them.  If you haven't disassembled it yet I highly recommend going ahead and ordering some extras of the small parts including the easily kinked while reinstalling main spring and the plastic buffer which eventually cracks next time you order from some place like Midway.  
View Quote
sweet im gonna have to look into that trigger!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Here you go.  No affiliation other than having bought a few products from them.  There aren't nearly as many aftermarket goodies for the Marlins but they really don't need them in my opinion.  When I put my old Papoose in one of the newer plastic stocks I had to upgrade to some of the newer pieces but it was easy.  I like the larger bolt handle for example.  

Welcome to the party Ruger, only twenty something years late- and the old Microgroove barrel will still outshoot a factory Ruger 10/22 barrel.    
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Is anyone still making integrally suppressed barrels for the papoose? friend of mine wants one in the worst way-he has very little interest in the same option for his 10/22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top