Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2016 8:02:09 PM EDT
I never knew these existed until a couple of months ago when I saw one in 22 lr.  They were made from 1961-1979.  This one is a 22 magnum.
Does anyone have any great stories involving these in their childhood?
</a>" />
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome.  That was my very first gun, as was it my dads first gun.  He got it when he was 13 in 1963.  His folks bought it for him from Sears Robuck (sp) catalog.  He had put it up for 20 plus years until he dug it out and passed it on to me.  Interesting side note for the longest time I had to manually pull the spent shell from the camber, it wasn't hard I just thought it was how it was, then boom one day I pulled the lever action hard and pop goes the shell.  That was the happiest day!

I still have it and always will.  It's in .22lr shows lots of love and some pitting, but it is still accurate to this day.  I got so good with those iron sights I was able to hit a brick on a fence post at 100 yards just about anytime I wanted.  

Can't help but wonder how many rounds have been through it.

Have you shot the .22 mag?  What do you think so far? What's up with the color combo on yours?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone stripped the paint off the receiver and lever, and it actually looks pretty nice.  I thought that it was tarnished brass when I first saw it.  Yes, I have shot a few rounds through it. I believe that you may have commented already on TGO. Your story sounds familiar, but it sounds like a good one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
My uncle got one for Christmas back in the day. It's been shot a LOT. Used to shoot cows for butchering.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one in the safe. I have had since I was a kid.  I built a short stock for my son and saved the regular stock.  My daughter's stupid Rottweiler ate the damn stock.  

Martini Henry action in a Model 94 Winchester shell.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had several of those...(but never a Magnum).........neat little rifles.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#6]
My ex father in law had one. He got it as a kid. The old bastard was an artist with that thing! He'd shoot squirrels in the eye with it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one in 22LR.
My uncle gave it to me for X-mas about 1970.
Used it for a good many years until a burglar got it.
Had a pretty stiff trigger but it shot accurately.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
That brings back memories. I got one for Christmas when I was a kid. It was my first gun and a lot of fun.
Someone stole it out of my truck when I was eighteen or so.
May have to try to find another one of these days, but it just will not be the same.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#9]
They were great when I was kid with kid sized hands. That lever is way too small now.....Sorta like the Ithaca lever action single shot shotgun I had at the same time.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Kid I hunted with growing up had one; good little shooter. It killed a bunch of squirrels.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#12]
HAve had mine close to 45 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top