Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 11:04:54 AM EDT
I have super cleaned the BCG, and am still having ejection issues. The only way it seems to run well (95% well) is when it's so wet that lube is splattering all over the place. If it is at what I would consider normal lube for my 5.56 the cases are getting stuck in the upper part of the BCG. Sometimes it's a normal stovepipe, but more often it requires removing the bolt. Spikes sells a  Lakeside Recoil spring kit as well as an  Enhanced Extractor kit. However I'm hoping to not just  "throw parts" at the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue?

mid post edit.....

So while writing this I called Spikes to get what info I could. The tech support person I spoke with told me to ship them the upper and they would fit and tune in a new BCG to fix it for me. Replacement parts they sell now don't match the older ones. So, I ask how much is it gonna run me? I'm thinking $200 or so.................
He replies, just shipping, well replace and tune for free!!!!!!!!  Holy shit! I love Spikes! Turn around should be 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Spikes kit that now resides in a dedicated upper. It sounds more like an extraction issue kinda like the bolt doesn't have the oomph to blow back the bolt hard enough to kick out the empty. When I got the kit I had the same problem. I disassembled it and polished the feed ramp and chamber and now its runs 100% with any .22 ammo I feed it. Check out the Industry section in the upper tab then go to Spikes, they have a extensive tuning/trouble shooting section. There is also another thread under the AR-15 section then look for rimfire.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 above
This is a common malf if the case hits a feed lip on its way to the ejector. Check the tuning thread.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input. I have a shooting weekend coming up, then I'm sending it off to spikes. I will try polishing the feed lip and chamber for next weekends shoot.

Spikes def  gets my favorite manf award for replacement of the BCG to the new nickle plated for free!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top