Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2010 3:20:31 PM EDT
i thought about a hogue but im not sure.  I'd like to know what ya'll perfer.  Im just looking for a cheap but decent stock for my 10/22 project any ideas.  The reason im leaning away is i HEAR its not real stiff and will flex with a sling.  I've been searching but i either run into a hogue or 300-500 stock.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Every 10/22 I've ever shot was with a Hogue stock or the ruger factory stock. The Hogue was a great stock.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I cut the OEM stock to A1 length and installed a flat buttplate; it makes a good trainer for an AR-15 or a Garand.
Moon
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]
For what your looking for, the Hogue really is your best bet. The stock flexing stuff is largely over blown. A lot of guys use Hogues on their Appleseed training rifles (which is all slung up style shooting) and don't seem to have any problems qualifying.

The Hogue's I've had (2) had no noticeable flex. If you get a Hogue and the barrel is not completely free floated, it's not hard to remove some material to make sure it's FF. You can also add some bedding material in between the ribs in the barrel channel to make the forearm more solid if you want.

All that said, if you still decide against the Hogue then I think you would be better off going with a good basic laminated wood stock. If you can find one, the factory laminated stock that comes with the 10/22T is pretty nice for the money. The factory "Deluxe" walnut stock is pretty nice too, especially if you are sticking with the factory barrel. The Revolution TrailBlazer stock is a good basic wood stock with a rollover cheek piece.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the reply's im gonna go with the hogue OD make me a green rifle i dont own one of those yet.  The only other one ive found was the boyds but its hard to come across
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The Hogue with the plastic overmoulding as opposed to the rubber seems to be a little stiffer, but I think the flex issue is of little consequence.  I would also take a look at teh B&C stocks.  I have used 2 of them and was very happy with them
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the laminated stocks from the factory T models.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top