Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 8:45:42 PM EDT
I want a .22lr assault rifle!  Ok, "assault rifle" is the worst way to describe a rifle but that sums it up.  I'd like something that's semi auto and somewhat tactical... if you can use your imagination.  An example would be the Walter G22.  Semi auto, compact, pistol grip/thumb hole, and the sort.  My huge complaint with that is you can't buy hi-cap magazines, which makes it out of the question for a bullet hose.  I'd just like a smaller semi auto that my wife, and eventually my son, can spray lead with for next to nothing (ammo cost) and no recoil.

The G22 got me started on this.  A bullpup .22 for under $400 sounds like a blast but the 10 rd magazine just kills me.  Can anyone name a fun semi .22 as an alternative for less than $400?  I'm not interested in an AR platform .22 and already have a 10/22.  I'm not looking for something to modify like a 10/22 kit.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
well if you buy a normal 10/22 let me know. i have all a folding stockm flashider for sale. lemme know
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Rhineland R22. $425 but meets all your criteria, and takes common 10/22 hicap mags.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the R22.  They seem sorta picky about mags and ammo, but from what I can tell it's a solid weapon, and I'm planning to pick one up for myself near the end of April.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I read your post, I know you said you didn't want an ar platform but...  I slap my ceiner into my BM featherweight and a 4 pos stock and just get a chuckle out of how compact and light the little sucker is. with the adjustable stock it is the gun of choice for kids or smaller women. I have the 10 rounders for off the bench and the 30's for when I feel the need to slaughter a pack of marouding tin cans. Best part is I allready have scopes,red dots and irons as the need arises.
Another option is the Ruger factory 10/22T model . The "T" model comes with a laminated full size stock,heavy barrel,and improved (compared to stock) trigger. No front sight so you need a scope/red dot.
This model shoots rings around the factory 10/22 and you have the factory 10 rounders or any number of aftermarket high caps .
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Romanian AK-22 trainer.  Centerfire has (or had) them in stock.

Nice little gun, costs $250.  Looks like (really is) a "real" AK.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I want a .22lr assault rifle!  Ok, "assault rifle" is the worst way to describe a rifle but that sums it up.  I'd like something that's semi auto and somewhat tactical... if you can use your imagination.  An example would be the Walter G22.  Semi auto, compact, pistol grip/thumb hole, and the sort.  My huge complaint with that is you can't buy hi-cap magazines, which makes it out of the question for a bullet hose.  I'd just like a smaller semi auto that my wife, and eventually my son, can spray lead with for next to nothing (ammo cost) and no recoil.

The G22 got me started on this.  A bullpup .22 for under $400 sounds like a blast but the 10 rd magazine just kills me.  Can anyone name a fun semi .22 as an alternative for less than $400?  I'm not interested in an AR platform .22 and already have a 10/22.  I'm not looking for something to modify like a 10/22 kit.  Thanks.

Those krinker plinker stocksets for the 10/22 looked cool, however, I bought a muzzlelite bullpup stock set for my 10/22 and HATED it.  

I've always wanted a calico in .22 - 100 round magazines are cool.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the ideas, I'll look into those Rinelands and that AK is interesting, I've never heard of them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those krinker plinker stocksets for the 10/22 looked cool, however, I bought a muzzlelite bullpup stock set for my 10/22 and HATED it.  

I've always wanted a calico in .22 - 100 round magazines are cool.

yea those calicos look pretty sweet i'd sure love to pick up one of the fullsize one with the wood stocks. too bad theyre out of buisiness cant pick one up for less than like $300 i think...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top