Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 8:36:25 PM EDT
I've got 2 really old/well used BC hot lips and they are giving me problems feeding, is there anyway to clean the inside?

Jerad
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
soak them, blow dry other than that, no
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Use 91% isopropyl alcohol (available at grocery stores, WalMart, etc.) It won't harm the metal or plastic and is pretty good at removing the crud. Fill about 1/3 and shake (don't stir ).

Or just buy new ones. That's why they're glued (or sonic welded) in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
They are shit mags. Put them in the dishwasher. If that doesnt work. Put them where they belong, in the trash.

Then buy some of these:

www.tacticalinc.com/machined-aluminum-steel-magbrfor-ruger-1022-p-212.html
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They are shit mags.

Well, yeah, but sometimes, they're all you've got.

I haven't tried it yet, but when teh hot lips mags go on sale again at my friendly neighborhood BiMart, I'm gonna try a can of Birchwood-Casey Gun Scrubber aerosol with the label that says "safe for plastic!" on it and see how that goes.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Try the waterhose on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top