Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:25:18 PM EDT
I've had this 10/22 for 14 years! .. I've put a billion rounds through it.  lately its been jamming. what parts usually need replacing ie: springs etc....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That question is out there.

Barrel and the bolt are your biggest things to look at.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
tune your mags as well
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Other than needing a good cleaning, replacing the extractor generally helps reliability more than anything else I've tried.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]
After a bazillion rounds and 14yrs its usually a good idea to start thinking about replacing some springs as well as the extractor, and maybe even the firing pin.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
After a bazillion rounds and 14yrs its usually a good idea to start thinking about replacing some springs as well as the extractor, and maybe even the firing pin.

+1  

Go to hawktecharms.com...lot's of goodies there.  

My 10/22...as well as most I think...get real finicky when things get dirty.  Clean everything.
Pay special attention the extractor slot/ groove/ spring, firing pin, and chamber & chamber face.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top