Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:05:31 PM EDT
Ok, I probably should've gotten a .22 when I bought my first gun, but thing didn't quite work out that way! Just picked up a barely used 10/22 from a friend and have a few ammo questions.

For one, I'd like to find some kind of quiet ammo I can shoot that will cycle/feed from the 10/22. I've shot some of those Aguila 20 grain primer-fired jobs from a friend's single shot bolt rifle and they worked great and were quieter than a pellet gun! But I would like to find something with just a little more power that will work in the 10/22. Is there anything like that that will cycle but is still be very quiet?

Second, is a CCI Stinger the same thing as a 22LR that is just more powerful? I noted that they had a longer case and am curious if they'll chamber in any gun chambered in .22LR or if they're actually longer in OAL.

Lastly, have any of you used the Muzzlelite bullpup stock kit with it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:48:28 PM EDT
a can usually makes it quieter.

stingers have longer casings and are not rec to shoot out of a 10/22

a friend has the bullpup stock and i think its the crappiest thing out there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:25:40 AM EDT
I've read elsewhere that the bullpup stock is crappy so I think I'll avoid it.

Can't have a can.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:29:34 AM EDT
You can get a 22 short conversion kit that will cycle the 10/22 with shorts.

Quiet shooting.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:36:27 AM EDT
Try some subsonic or standard velocity ammo. It's quieter than the HV stuff, not the distinct "crack" you normally hear. Give it a try, it may be quiet enough for your needs.

Also, replace your steel buffer pin, with a weaponkraft buffer. It takes the "clack" sound (from bolt) away, Thus making things a little quieter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:39:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 6:40:30 AM EDT by Miserai]
i use alot of CCI 40 gr subsonic hollowpoints. theyre really quite, and nice for squirls. and they cycle through my 10/22
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:40:59 AM EDT
My 10/22 cycles stingers just fine but it a standard instead of the target variant.

They get about an extra 10-12 yds effectivily.

Never worried about noise in my area.

One more small thing... Shoot can of hair spray at less than 30yds isn't a good idea
Top Top