Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
HK,

Those are perfect!  Thanks!

Woody
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:28:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, thanks for the pics everyone.

I ordered a Rhineland stock this morning...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine today!  A few things to note:

1. When I threaded my 6-pos stock into the end, it fit a little looser than I would like.  
I wrapped some electrical tape around the threads and slowly threaded it in.  PERFECT!  

2.  When I talked to RA over the phone, he meantioned they were waiting on pistol grips.  
I said no problem, just send me the stock, I have plenty of extra AR grips.  
Had to pick up a different bolt for it though, 1/4" x  1"long is the size.  stainless steel and it uses the same size allen wrench as the AR bolts...69cents...PERFECT!  

3. The hole for the takedown screw was a little too far back on the stock.  I took my dremel and made the hole a little bit longer until I could thread the screw in.  Counter-sunk a little where I elongated the hole and PERFECT.

RHINELAND:  Check your current stocks and make sure the takedown holes arent off.  Drop a bbl'ed action in them and make sure the holes line up.  It was an easy fix for me, but some people might get pissy over it.    

I love this thing though, well worth the $90.  

eta:  You can make a spacer w/ 3 layers of foam tape, for the bipod.  Otherwise you have to stick your sling-stud in the further hole and then your bipod will hang off the end.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
We may be getting some slippage in the machining of the action screw.

On those stocks, beleive it or not the threads are all over the place. We do machine our holes to dead on but we have seen and have on hand under sized stock threads. Makes you wonder about that in a AR15 as those threads hold the recoil system in place

We will be doing something about the hole locations on the bottom.The most foreward hole is for those who want to support there barrels with tuners, so we may add some more behind it and redo the spacing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The holes were all off on my 3 stocks also. I just drilled the hole out a bit larger and it was a breeze......not a problem.

As I was drilling the hole out I was thinking "why don't they just make a bit of an elongated hole to guarantee fit"...just a thought.

I sold one of my 3 to a buddy that fell in love with it...still have 2 and they are worth every penny to me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sigh.  I tried to call last Friday and got a "Mailbox is full" message.  Then sent an IM to try to purchase one of the stocks.  I'm beginning to think they don't like me.  Do I need to change deodorant or something???

Woody
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry about that, the phone rings constant some days. It should be pretty quite here until around 11 today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Once Rhineland Arms puts a hole in the front of the stock for a Harris Bipod Squarely in the middle of the front "pad" and they put the spacer between the pistol grip and the trigger guard h.gif

Rhineland,
I have talked with you afew times over the phone and i am nearly bought on the verge of buying one of these stocks and this right here is the single little thing thats holding me back: the spacer between the grip and trigger guard, couldnt one be machined from aluminum? I know its a small part, but it does affect the overrall look.
Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]
rhineland , does a ace sidefolder work on these?...may use one for a sbr project if so
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Once Rhineland Arms puts a hole in the front of the stock for a Harris Bipod Squarely in the middle of the front "pad" and they put the spacer between the pistol grip and the trigger guard I will get one, PLEASE

Rhineland,
I have talked with you afew times over the phone and i am nearly bought on the verge of buying one of these stocks and this right here is the single little thing thats holding me back: the spacer between the grip and trigger guard, couldnt one be machined from aluminum? I know its a small part, but it does affect the overrall look.
Any thoughts?

Dude, that is such a non-issue with this.  Seriously.  
I thought the gap looked funny in the pics on their website, but now that I have one, it's not a big deal.  You'll have so much fun with this stock, you won't care about that gap.  
Ask anyone who owns one of these and I'm sure they'll say the same.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#12]
im not useing a standard AR grip onit and for the grip i AM using ,that gap might cause an issue.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
im not useing a standard AR grip onit and for the grip i AM using ,that gap might cause an issue.

What grip were you going to use?  I've bolted a tangodown and a hogue to mine w/ no issues.
How would a gap or no gap matter any?  Just wondering...
Here's mine w/ a hogue:

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordered mine today!  Can't wait!

Woody
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there a direct link to order these?
I didnt see them on the website.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Is there a direct link to order these?
I didnt see them on the website.

Go HERE...scroll down to "Ordering Info" and click it!

I called in and ordered mine.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top