Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 8:14:34 AM EDT
I am looking in purchesing a R22 and was wondering what you owners of one has to say abouts its accuracy.  I'm used to shooting a ruger 10/22 race rifle which is a real tack driver that I can consistantly hit a nickel at 40yrds.  Your comments are appreciated, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#1]
A nickel at 40? My R22 will stay on a dime at 50 with at least two kinds of cheap ammo. And mine's a standard barrel, not the bull "target" version.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Basicly it's a one hole gun (as long as I do my part).  I zero at 40yrds with my .22's because that is the first silhouette we shoot at.  I don't do any paper punching other then zeroing at 40yrds.  Silhouettes only.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The groups I've shot with my R22 with el cheapo chinese 3-9x scope are easily the smallest groups I've ever shot with any scoped rifle. I'm not a super shot tho. I admit it, it's the nut behind the trigger. Last weekend I put 5 rounds into 0.400" center to center. Unfortunately, that group was after the barrel cooled down for about 15 minutes. Before that with everything warmed up I was putting 25 round groups into smaller than that. Looked like a jagged .45 hole. If you're a pretty good shooter, the rifle will reward you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looked like a jagged .45 hole.

I believe you. I've shot a couple groups with mine that look like a slightly oblong .38 hole, maybe even a .30. (25 yards)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe you. I've shot a couple groups with mine that look like a slightly oblong .38 hole, maybe even a .30. (25 yards)

You guys better STOPI will have to put my AR builds on hold and resume rimfire gun builds

ETA: PLEASE note SARCASM in the above post
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looked like a jagged .45 hole, at 50 yards, 25 rounds. I can't actually count it as an official group because I had already used that target for a 5-shot group with inferior ammo. But I had run out of targets, and I tried a new ammo, and put 25 rounds into a group a little to the side of the previous group, and I didn't realise this particular ammo was going to be so much better, but I can't prove that some of the other 5 rounds from the previous group weren't from my group of 25. I'm not that good of a shot either, but good ammo makes a huge difference. Bulk ammo gives me a group like a shotgun. One of these weekends I'll do it right, blow through some hi-vel to warm things up to nice & toasty, then try groups with my new ammo.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
CCI Minimags have run best in mine. Best 50 yard group so far .347 (five shots), and my AVERAGE group size with them at 25 was .182, which means some of them were SMALLER than that.

High-priced target ammo might shoot better, but who cares? The Minimags cost 4c a shot. I'm not gonna spend a dime a shot or more to cut .182 groups in half.

And the 2c a shot Dynapoints averaged .285 at 25 yards, still plenty tight, with a best 50 yard group just over half an inch. I ain't complaining.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top