BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 7:51:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
they are aftermarket mags.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
This forum has degraged to the point where 'all' people ask - why are my aftermarket mags such junk.

The answer, cause we keep buying them.  Once we stop spending our money on them, they will have to increase their quality.

Mods - just post a thread that says "Aftermarket 10/22 mags are crap"

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This forum has degraged to the point where 'all' people ask - why are my aftermarket mags such junk.

The answer, cause we keep buying them.  Once we stop spending our money on them, they will have to increase their quality.

Mods - just post a thread that says "Aftermarket 10/22 mags are crap"

I've been in the 10/22 world for a week,

Butler Creek has made millions, counting on just that.

I wonder - where is Ruger?  How about a quality high cap?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#6]
the tactical innovations mag seems to work great with all those that have bought them over at rimfirecentral.com. a bit expensive but add up all the money wasted on mags that dont work and this seems cheap.

www.tacticalinc.com/machined-aluminum-steel-magbrfor-ruger-1022-p-212.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#7]
In regard to Ruger mags...

Ruger designed the 10/22 as a sporter carbine with a 10 shot rotory mag that is flush with the bottom of the action.  If they intended it to be something else they would have designed something else.

In regards to BC mags.

My steel lip mags work fine.  Who cares what the dimensions are if they work.

In regards to hi-cap 10/22 mags...

The 22 LR cartridge is a rimmed cartridge. Rimmed cartridges are inherantly difficult/unreliable to make work in stacked mags.  This is why ruger invented the rotary mag which is more reliable.

Hi-cap 10/22 mags, whoever makes them, are what they are. Live with it or don't buy them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought 9 BC hot lips mags and I have never had a problem with them in over 2000 rounds. Never had any jams or misfires either. It has been nice. I had jams and misfires with the factory mags almost once every 25 rounds or so.

I wish my homemade 100 rounder worked as well. It jams almost every 5 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I just noticed that CDNN has  Eagle 30 round mags for $9.99 buy one get one free.  go to this thread for more info. I have no idea if they work or not but I use eagle 10 round mags and they work.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=193088
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Alot of  this depends on what barrel you're using.  With my well used factory taper bbl. the BC hot-lips mags worked great.  They ejected fine with the right ammo, and fed just as well as the factory mag.

Once I went to a bentz chamber GM, they didnt feed so well.  
Tighter chamber + incorrect feed lip height = problems feeding?  
Maybe so.  
Either way, the bolt puts a gouge in the round underneath the round it's feeding.  It's sort of "dragging" on the top round, and this may be causing the feeding problem too.

I mostly use the factory mags now.  Speaking of which, I need some clear ones!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top