Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:18:51 PM EDT
Just upgraded my 10/22 with a Whistle Pig aluminum barrel. Is there any high velocity ammunition I should avoid?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:30:44 PM EDT
Any Whistle Pig owners out there?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:17:05 AM EDT
check over at rimfirecentral.com and whistle pig's site
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:38:48 PM EDT
I have used a variety of ammo in my WP barrel and love it. Never had any issues with any I've tried.

I have federal blue box ammo right now just because I'm halfway through the brick, and no issues whatsoever. Shoots thumbnail-sized groups at 50 yards all day long.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:33:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
I have used a variety of ammo in my WP barrel and love it. Never had any issues with any I've tried.

I have federal blue box ammo right now just because I'm halfway through the brick, and no issues whatsoever. Shoots thumbnail-sized groups at 50 yards all day long.

Thanks for the info. I have several hundred rounds from an earlier Federal bulk buy. The only info on Whistle Pig's website was not to use 'hypervelocity' ammo. Other than printing it on the box, what makes 'hypervelocity' hyper? Is there a threshold for muzzle velocity to be considered hyper?

I emailed Whistle Pig but they would not commit to an answer...must be an legal thing.
Top Top