Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 1:07:13 PM EDT
I just got my new target/hunting 10/22 out to the range. It loved fed. Gold metal, and was shooting sub .5in groups with it at 50 yards. When I switched to cheaper remington subsonic HP and golden bullets accuracy went way down, and I was having trouble holding 1in groups. Does anyone have a preffered HP load that they get match grade accuracy out of?

ETA, now that know what MOA really means
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When I switched to...remington...accuracy went way down....

There's your problem right there. Most rimfire shooters consider all Rem ammo the bottom of the barrel.

Winchester Dynapoints and XPerts shoot very well in several of my guns. And I've shot under half an inch at 50 with CCI MiniMag hollowpoints with at least one.

BTW, you say "sub half MOA groups at 50 yards." This means less than 1/4". Your gun was really shooting that well at 50? That is OUTSTANDING accuracy. If you can do that consistently, you should be able to win several kinds of titles.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
in my experience, Rem subsonic is terrible, it is not always subsonic,,,
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Try the CCI standard velocity if you havent already.

BuckeyeRifleman, Are you going to the ohio shoot this month?  I'll be bringing some of the CCI SV's with me if you want to try some out.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I switched to...remington...accuracy went way down....

There's your problem right there. Most rimfire shooters consider all Rem ammo the bottom of the barrel.

Winchester Dynapoints and XPerts shoot very well in several of my guns. And I've shot under half an inch at 50 with CCI MiniMag hollowpoints with at least one.

BTW, you say "sub half MOA groups at 50 yards." This means less than 1/4". Your gun was really shooting that well at 50? That is OUTSTANDING accuracy. If you can do that consistently, you should be able to win several kinds of titles.

no sorry for the misunderstanding, it was shooting under .5in at 50 yards, I was very pleased. I forgot that MOA just means under an inch @100 not just 1in period.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Try the CCI standard velocity if you havent already.

BuckeyeRifleman, Are you going to the ohio shoot this month?  I'll be bringing some of the CCI SV's with me if you want to try some out.  

Im going to be back up at school unfortunately, but thanks for the offer! I have a feeling im going to be missing out on a great time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
no sorry for the misunderstanding, it was shooting under .5in at 50 yards, I was very pleased. I forgot that MOA just means under an inch @100 not just 1in period.

Oh good. I feel better about my life now.

Anyway, I've shot under half an inch at 50 with CCI MiniMag HPs in my Rhineland R22. I think the best group measured .347 but I'd have to dig it out to make sure. Tightest group I've ever personally fired at 50.

The MiniMags seem to shoot very well in a wide range of guns. They are prolly the best of the cheap ammo, or the cheapest of the "good" ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top