Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 9:52:06 PM EDT
I went to Outdoor World today looking to buy a 10/22 Deluxe and the only one that they had left was the display model, it was in perfect condition except for this big nick right on the side of the stock . I waited an hour in line so there was no way I was leaving that store empty handed, so I went ahead and purchased it despite there being that nick in the stock.

What can I do to remove the nick in the wood and make it seem like there was nothing ever there?

Also, because of the 5 day wait period I won't be able to pick it up until next Tuesday. I'm really sitting here regretting that I ever purchased it instead of just having them order me a new one and i'm seriously considering calling up and telling them to just keep it and give me my money back, that damn nick in the beautiful Deluxe stock is really getting on my nerves. They have a "all firearm sales are final" policy but since I haven't picked it up yet, i'm not sure if that applies.

If there is a way to get rid of the nick and make it seem like there was no nick in the stock, then i'm going to keep the rifle but if not then i'm going to try and get my money back or perhaps get a different 10/22.

Any special treatments or anything I can do to the stock to make the nick go away or something?

Please help!

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
did you get a floor model discount?

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
did you get a floor model discount?

They said it's against policy to give floor model discounts, I was pretty pissed but after I had to wait an hour in line there was NO WAY I was going to leave that store without buying something.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've tried this method on a few surplus guns, but never on a finished stock before:

1. Damply wet a thin cloth
2. place damp cloth over dent
3. use hot iron over damp cloth in a circular motion being careful not to burn the cloth.

the steam and heat created by the iron will pull the dent out of the stock (theoretically)

Its worked for me in the past, but I'm not sure how your finish will hold up.
-Jason

It's not really a dent, it's an actual nick in the stock where it looks like the top layer of wood is removed in that one little area.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
From personal experience

furniture touch up markers.
Start out light, work your way progressively darker.
You will never even know the nick was there.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
From personal experience

www.bettymills.com/store/images/product/MPIC0212.JPG
furniture touch up markers.
Start out light, work your way progressively darker.
You will never even know the nick was there.
Hope this helps.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top