Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:00:04 PM EDT
it's been established elsewhere on this site that storing normal "stack" type mags loaded will not weaken the spring. does this also apply for 10/22 rotary mags? will storing them loaded wear them out faster?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:03:20 PM EDT
Good question, tag for answer

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:36:11 PM EDT
i dont see how they would differ from the std. mags by much.

the std. mag springs are spiralled and so are the rotary mags but the only difference is where the load is put. i have left mags loaded to months at a time will no ill effects when i went to empty them and have around 11krds through the mags withough a single problem
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:30:14 AM EDT
You guys actually store these things loaded? I load up my mags just before I go out to shoot.
Those 10 rounds never last very long anyway. It takes a few seconds to load the rotary mag...so why even bother storing them loaded?

Unless you have many many many rotary mags.......then I suppose it'd be handy to bring a box of pre-loaded ones to the range.

And in that case I don't think it'd hurt a thing. I've left them loaded in an ammo can for weeks at a time and they still work fine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:36:34 AM EDT
the only reason mine stay loaded is sometimes the wifey calls me home when i loose track of time at the range and have all my mags loaded there. so i just throw the mags in my bag and head out.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:09:33 PM EDT
Can't speak for every rotary mag owner but while in the army, I left my rotary mag loaded for 4 years at my parents' house with no degradation to the spring.
Top Top