Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 9:03:05 AM EDT
my dad just bought the 10/22 and i was either thinking of getting him a clip or the speed loader for christmas.  I cant find any reviews on the speed loader from butler creek and was wondering if you guys can let me know what u think about it.  This is a link to the speed loader at butler creeks site, i know i can find it fore cheaper, just want u to know what im talking about http://www.butler-creek.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=9005344&catky=4954223&subcatky1=4548807&subcatky2=2000315

and does that speed loader only work with butler creek clips? i read some of the threads on here and seems butler creek is the best quality for clips anyway...

thanks Jeremy

oh... the loader is called the hot lips loader
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Get him a case of Wolf MT.  500rds. of it runs around $30.

Does his 10/22 work good with wolf?  Most of them do, and many find that it's very accurate as well.

If you're set on a mag...get him the tactical inc. aluminum mag.  They run around $50 or $60 though.
I'll ETA a link If I can find one.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
im not sure if it works good with wolf, he just got it, so if it works good with other 10/22's then i guess it will work with his.  a link would be great since i cant find a 500 rnd for less than like 65 bux... is that what u would recomend as my gift? thanks

jeremy
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Midway has Wolf MT (500rnds) for $27.99  
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=666826

MOST people have very good luck with this ammo.  

BUT you might also want to consider getting him a VQ Hammer, to lighten the trigger pull.
Those are also around $30.  

The swinging steel plate targets for .22's are lots of fun too.  Those run from $20 on up.  

Whichever you choose to get him, you can't go wrong.  The "Hot-Lips" mags can be loaded with the BC Loader.  The loader will not work with "steel lips" though, IIRC.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
cool thanks for your info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top