Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/11/2005 4:44:52 PM EDT
Hi... Well I was having problems with my 22. It would jam and smash the round as it was loading. Well I got the problem fixed by putting in a new lifter spring and feed ramp. Now that I have that new spring in you can tell that the old spring was worn out. Now theres a new problem.. I took it out to the range today and shot rem 36gr. HP, Win high velocity 40gr round nose, CCI Mini Mags, CCI Stingers. All the rounds shot flawlessly except the rem 36gr HPs. When I shoot the rems the bolt catch would come up and hold the bolt back. I would load 10 rds and the first few would shoot fine but after that the bolt would lock open. All I had to do was hit the tab to close the bolt then it would fire. Im trying to think why it would do this. The bolt only locks back when its empty. Have any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:06:07 PM EDT
Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:08:35 PM EDT
Your gun just doesn't like them. Not unusual for 22 autos to like one brand of ammo over another. No rhyme or reason to it, just the nature of the beast. Shoot the stuff it likes.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:14:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Your gun just doesn't like them. Not unusual for 22 autos to like one brand of ammo over another. No rhyme or reason to it, just the nature of the beast. Shoot the stuff it likes.

+1 It took me at least 5 different brands to find the happy one.
My M60 works best with stingers and velociters
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:23:47 PM EDT
Both of mine like just about any HP you can feed it. My older one doesn't really like LRN for some reason.

Guess I need to replace some springs.

Buy cheap, shoot cheap, practice plenty.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:05:13 PM EDT
Well I changed the spring on the bolt catch lever. It shoots like its brand new.
Top Top