Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/17/2003 8:37:20 AM EDT
I've had my little pre-ban baby since 1991, complete w/ butler creek folding pistol gripped stock, flash hider, weaver-rail mounted reddot, and hi-caps, etc.

I love this gun dearly, but the trigger absolutely sucks. I know the gun's internal workings like the back of my hand, so I'm confident I can do whatever it takes to make my trigger lighter- just tell me what I need to do.

I've got about $40 to make this project work- I want the lightest pull possible, with a short break/reset- I already know that I can fix overtravel on my own w/ a 2 cent stopper.

Some day, she will be my class III baby...someday.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:56:14 PM EDT
not too popular of a topic I see...I'll bring it to the General Firearm Discussion...
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:56:51 PM EDT
I just trimmed a little of the trigger spring in the trigger gaurd and polished anything that moves. Trigger breaks pretty cleanly now. Also do the bolt catch mod of grinding out the heart shape cutout into a pizza shape, Basically removes the metal that catches on the pin so when you pull the bolt back a little the bolt catch can fall on its own. www.rimfirecentral.com may be a better source
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:17:00 AM EDT
Thanks, ordered the Volquartsen match hammer AND improved bolt release for ~34.99

I also purchased an evil-looking handguard for $8.08, and a Volquartsen extended mag release for about 15 bucks.

My little 10/22 should be happier than ever when this stuff gets here!
Top Top