Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2003 10:01:26 AM EDT
What do you need to do your own 10/22 trigger job parts/spring wise?

I have worked on my MKII pistol sucessfully, so I figure I will give my 10/22 a shot...
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
just smooth out and polish the hammer, can do it with sandpaper or dremel.

clark custom has a nice video on how they work on the 1022s and one of the mk2s.

my brother polished his hammer, then bought a volquartsen, gave me the original hammer. comparing the 2, i think the home polish job is better than the volq, its at least as good.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get a hammer and sear from brownells that drop in and then a trigger with a take up screw, all for well under $100 and you don't have to polish nothing.   I liked the stock trigger on my very old 10/22, but a new one I acquired felt like a gravel road, thus the mods.  No creep, breaks like glass.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Reading articals on rimfirecentral,I ordered and installed just a trigger and shims(volquartsen)for a total of $33. I am now in the 3# range and what a difference. Contact ontargetguns.com and talk to them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out http://www.ct-precision.com/ Connectocut Precision Chambering
they did 2 10/22 triggers for me...both set at about 1 1/2 lbs...and they are fabulous...when I got mine done prices were very reasonable abd turnaround was about 2 weeks
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
how do the shims affect the performance?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Just check out rimfirecentral.com .  This is the best place for ALL 10/22 questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top