Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/18/2003 9:44:32 AM EDT
I have a real squirrel problem in my backyard, as well as Racoons. I want to get a suppressor, (integral or for a threaded bbl) and use that in conjunction w/ subsonics to get rid of the little trouble making animals.

Can anyone suggest good suppressors for the 10/22?

What about optics or stocks?

Right now, my 10/22 is stock. I'm wanting to add in a better bolt release, trigger, and mag release in the near future.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:20:49 AM EDT
There are so many good cans and integral setups out there now that it's hard to make just one recommendation. I have an LRM VIDAR integral suppressor which is built around a match barrel. Similar integral units include the AAC Cloak and Gemtech Quantum. I don't have any idea what the availability is on the AAC or Gemtech units, but LRM is making theirs and shipping right now.

My sighting setup is a Burris 4X compact mounted in Zee rings on a B-Square base. The stock is a Hogue and the trigger and bolt have been tuned by CPC.

I don't have any rimfire cans, so I'll defer to anyone else who can comment about them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:46:04 AM EDT
For a muzzle can, i'd go with the Gemtech Outback for around $325 plus NFA tax. Real good reviews in Small Arms Review.

For stock go with Hogue Overmolded. Takes alot of abuse.

Optics, I have a leupold 3-9x33. Great scope.

Volquartsen makes a good Hammer that brings pull to about 2-3 pounds.
Top Top