Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:19:19 PM EDT
I am thinking of buying a 10/22 for target practice. Should I buy a regular 10/22 like at the local Wally World and then upgrade? Is the barrel easily removed for adding on target barrels? I have the stock I want and it is for a .920 barrel. So is adding the barrel difficult, gunsmith needed? Or should I buy the ruger model with the target barrel. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:12:06 PM EDT
If you want the Ruger target bbl. buy it. If you want someother type buy the cheap one. The bbl. is removed by taking out 2 hex screws & sliding the bbl. & bbl. block off. Push in the new bbl. replace the block put in 2 screws. No problem! Good luck. I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:59:20 AM EDT
MS is right. You can gain a lot of info by browsing this forum for the last 5 to 10 pages.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:14:52 PM EDT
NOW you are caught by the second disease of this forum. 10/22 fever. I started with the base model and have replaced everything except the receiver. Fagen stock, Volq trigger, extended mag release, and a Kimber barrel. I have about $1,000.00 into it without optics. I haven't found the scope I want on it yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:10:01 AM EDT
I'm glad you admitted to a $1000 10/22 9supercomp. I don't feel so bad about wrapping up ~$700 w/scope in my second 10/22.

ED, I would go with a standard carbine at the lowest price you can get and install a Green Mountain barrel. Add a Volquartsen target hammer and your well on the way to a real addiction. Check out Rimfire Central.com for a link to the Green Mountain barrels and a whole bunch of other tricks and stuff. Good site and great people.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:44:39 AM EDT
Fruit_of_the_Looms
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I only paid $330.00 so far. $100 for the used rifle, $30 for the new stock, $150 for the new barrel, $50.00 for the hammer and release. I got really lucky at finding parts dirt cheap.

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:45:33 PM EDT
9 Supercomp, Now that is what I do, search and search for the best deals. I know I have been hooked before, especially with my AR's and all the tricked out $#@! you can get. I basically want to get a good plinker (standard ruger) and then buy a cheap ruger and upgrade that baby to a target master. I really would like to get a silenced ruger with integral barrel, I think that would be just sweet!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:07:39 PM EDT
I personally want a screw on suppressor.
I already have a 10/22 barrel and a Mark II with threads on them. Double the fun. I do like the looks of the integral's though.
Top Top