Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Strapworks offers a very inexpensive AR sling kit ($13.95).  Looks like a 3-point but that should be easy to configurable to 2-point.  They also offer other slings and tactical belts; 3-point sling at top of link, other items at bottom.  Link: https://www.strapworks.com/category_s/198.htm

Tactical colors/camo patterns near end of selection list.  "Quadra" camo is a fair Multicam clone, but there are other colors/patterns.

Disclaimer: No financial interest.

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've tried a bunch. V-Tac padded is the best of the bunch to me. I have no complaint at all with it.
View Quote

Yep.  Now I own like 6 or 7 V-tac padded.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul MS1 with QD swivels
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I just had to see what the Hype was over the Ferro Slingster and honestly that's what it is Hype!  I'll stick to Magpul MS1 slings or but I am gonna try the Vickers...............
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a question, I ordered 3 of the BFG vickers  slings and I love them, but is there any reason to worry about the plastic triglides they come with?

Anyone have them break on you?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a question, I ordered 3 of the BFG vickers  slings and I love them, but is there any reason to worry about the plastic triglides they come with?

Anyone have them break on you?
View Quote

I have at least 10 and never had a hardware failure.

I am just a civ, but I probably use my gear harder than the average arfcommer.  (Not a brag.  Just trying to give you an idea of the level of abuse they can take)
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a Blue Force, a VTAC and like them both, just ordered a MAGPUL to see how well it works.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 6 Viking Tactics padded slings and 4 Vickers slings.
I use the padded slings on my heavier rifles.
You cannot go wrong with either product.
Not a fan of single point slings.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#9]
BFG

I prefer the unpadded but they’re all good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Ive got Magpul MS1, Emdom Gunslinger and just got a Trex Arms one in yesterday.

Ive also got a SKD PIG drop slider single point... Which I dont use anymore!
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#11]
TheWilderness https://www.thewilderness.com/doublepoint-sling/doublepoint-sling/ makes a nice, user-configurable double-point sling as well as some other interesting and unique types.  I use Langlois-type slings on a number of firearms for which they are suitable.

Disclaimer: no financial interest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Relatively inexpensive and non complicated = Frank Proctor sling
View Quote

Yep. If you are looking for an inexpensive, high quality sling - this is the one. I've been very happy with mine.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top