Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Got my shipping confirmation yesterday! (ordered on 4 Jun)

I just hope they fit in my old Ares Armor Aspis PC..
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
About 8 weeks?  That's not too bad!  I just ordered last week - so we'll see how long the LT is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm June 11 and wasn't expecting to see them before September. Maybe I'll be getting them sooner than I hoped.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm June 11 and wasn't expecting to see them before September. Maybe I'll be getting them sooner than I hoped.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My order was June 8, so yeah, fingers-crossed that things are speeding up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Received shipping notification this morning. Ordered June 4th.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
1092 plates came in today, 25 Jul. Perfect fit in the ol' Ares Aspis carrier!

My only regret is not buying these sooner!
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I emailed velocity systems. I wanted to put them in a Scarab Lt plate carrier. Got an official no go.

View Quote
I can confirm this.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
What would you say is the best plate carrier for these plates?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can confirm this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I emailed velocity systems. I wanted to put them in a Scarab Lt plate carrier. Got an official no go.

I can confirm this.

Will they not fit AT ALL?  I just f$%% ordered a  Scarab LT for my 1093 plates (the large version of the 1092.  Someone was saying they are tight - but you can't jam them in at all??
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Plates arrived! Look amazing.

My JPC 2.0 is, unfortunately, not shipping until September ... duct tape here I come
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Will they not fit AT ALL?  I just f$%% ordered a  Scarab LT for my 1093 plates (the large version of the 1092.  Someone was saying they are tight - but you can't jam them in at all??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can confirm this.

I wrote them asking if I order an XL if it will work for the large plates.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can confirm this.

They won't fit at all.  I tried pretty extensively to get them in.  I couldn't get a plate to even start going in the front.  I got a plate about 75% into the rear panel, and it wouldn't budge after that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They won't fit at all.  I tried pretty extensively to get them in.  I couldn't get a plate to even start going in the front.  I got a plate about 75% into the rear panel, and it wouldn't budge after that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can confirm this.

You had a medium for medium plates, correct?  Someone mentioned they said if you had a large it may work, which is why I wrote to ask them if an XL would work for L plates.  If not - I'm f'd.  I ordered the Scarab LT because it is a damn nice PC, and because they were taking orders.  If ithe XL won't work I'll need to cancel my order and find something else.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Correct, medium 1092 plates, medium SCARAB LT.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Correct, medium 1092 plates, medium SCARAB LT.
View Quote

I called and talked to their sales guy.  He did confirm that it will not work with 1.2" plates.  I mentioned there were a lot of folks that would love to use it, but can't, and he mentioned that they designed it for use with their plates in mind....so, yeah,  Unless you buy 1" plates it's a no go for most setups.

I cancelled my order and ordered the APC from optactical since they had them in stock and have a special version that has mesh / vented padding on the rear....still sucks since the Scarab looks like a nice PC.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I see that the JPC 2.0 fits, but do you need to get a size larger than the plates?

It seems some people mentioned they did this?
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I see that the JPC 2.0 fits, but do you need to get a size larger than the plates?

View Quote

From what I can tell, this is only recommended for the original JCP 1. JPC 2 has more room.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the email I received from Crye but in this thread some have the RMA plates in a JPC 1.0.   Going up a size was recommended for the 1.0

"Customers can purchase plates in various thicknesses. Our plate pouches should accommodate any typical thickness. These dimensions represent the basic width and height of the SAPI shape. Our plate pockets are designed with stretch on the sides so all three types of plate (Low vis/ in conjunction/standalone plate) will work. If plates are upwards of 1.25" thick, the JPC 2.0 would be recommended or going up a size. "
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is the email I received from Crye but in this thread some have the RMA plates in a JPC 1.0.   Going up a size was recommended for the 1.0

"Customers can purchase plates in various thicknesses. Our plate pouches should accommodate any typical thickness. These dimensions represent the basic width and height of the SAPI shape. Our plate pockets are designed with stretch on the sides so all three types of plate (Low vis/ in conjunction/standalone plate) will work. If plates are upwards of 1.25" thick, the JPC 2.0 would be recommended or going up a size. "
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the RMA plates are 1.2" thick. That said, has anyone here fit these plates (medium/1092) into a medium JPC 1.0? The latter is what I currently have on order, and now I'm wondering if I should try and change that order.

EDIT: Talked to Corey at RMA and they definitely recommended having a larger JPC 1.0 relative to the plate size, so I went ahead and downsized the plate order. Their customer service is fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So the RMA plates are 1.2" thick. That said, has anyone here fit these plates (medium/1092) into a medium JPC 1.0? The latter is what I currently have on order, and now I'm wondering if I should try and change that order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@frogwater
On page 8 and there is more.  No one has had any issues fitting them yet.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Got-my-RMA-1092-III-plates-Little-review-JPC-2-0-fit-results-List-of-known-PCs-that-fit-in-OP/10-497422/?page=8#i5332184
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Pulled the plug and ordered...started a thread about these and than realized this thread was going.....

Anyways  the wait begins..
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone squeezed these into a pig brigadine slick carrier?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Here ya go. I have a feeling these plates stretched out my JPC 1.0 a bit, which is fine w/ me but just a bit of forewarning. The iceplate is thicker than the plate by a few millimeters it seems too and overall with these 3 pieces on me, it's quite comfortable. It's more much more comfortable w/ the iceplate (curved version) attached inside the rear carrier as it's softer on my back and much cooler also.

Anyways, hope this helps. For anyone else this is the medium sapi size plates in a medium JPC 1.0

https://i.imgur.com/yL8soH4l.jpg https://i.imgur.com/6e5hMTwl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2DJkT4il.jpg https://i.imgur.com/3DjUEjnl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WpLQamfl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QNJuwyPl.jpg
View Quote

@mend0k

How’s the 1.0 holding up with these plates? Are you seeing any stitching coming loose, etc?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
no. i have mediums in a medium 2.0
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Just received my shipping notification today on my order placed 6/8.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Do you guys think this will fit a LBT QRCv2?  They are rated for esapi cuts only which stops at 25mm so I'm thinking that's a no.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do you guys think this will fit a LBT QRCv2?  They are rated for esapi cuts only which stops at 25mm so I'm thinking that's a no.
View Quote

I think they would fit cause they fit the LBT 6094A & the QRC-V2 is just a upgraded 6094. I ordered the LBT 6094A QRC-V2 delivery says Friday so I’ll let you know how they fit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah I saw they fit the older one so I just went for it as well.  Ordered yesterday and it's already shipped, although mine probably won't arrive until next week.  Wish RMA shipped that fast
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Just picked up an HRT HRAC PC for my LAPG plates as a backup to my RMA set. Since I'm still waiting on my JPC 2 I tested it out with the RMA plates and it's tight, but they fit.  FYI

@RAS03
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Newb question, I have not had a chance to read the entire thread yet...

I want to order the #1092 plate for the front.  Likely going with JPC 2.0 PC, but still looking at options (will read thread)....Question: What plate do I order for the rear?  Same 1092 or different?  I wasn't sure if there were different multi-curves from front and rear?
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I want to order the #1092 plate for the front.  Likely going with JPC 2.0 PC, but still looking at options (will read thread)....Question: What plate do I order for the rear?  Same 1092 or different?  I wasn't sure if there were different multi-curves from front and rear?
View Quote

Same plate.  A few people mismatch plates mainly the cut but just order two of the same plates.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Same plate.  A few people mismatch plates mainly the cut but just order two of the same plates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought so, thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 2:30:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Ordered May 26, received today.

Large 1093's fit an XL JPC 1.0 perfectly with room for backers. Dig em.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Received mine last week that I ordered on Father's Day.  They are sweet.  I also ordered 6x6 level IV side plates with Shellback pouches from RMA.  Awesome combo in a JPC 2.  The total weight of the carrier is less than my other carrier with cheap ceramics and no side plates.  I don't even notice the side plates, except for when I'm putting it on.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Anybody here with the 1092 medium in the JPC 2.0 medium: is there enough room in the plate bag to get a padded plate backer in there as well?

Looking at something like this First Spear padded backer. It doesn't say it's thickness, just wondering how much more room there is to stretch in those bags.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thought so, thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought so, thanks
2 of the 1092 (Med) ordered.  Now, the great plate carrier search intensifies lol.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
2 of the 1092 (Med) ordered.  Now, the great plate carrier search intensifies lol.
View Quote

I just found JPC 2.0s on ebay for $300. I have an order in with Crye that came to $272 and won't be here until December. The way I see it is it's a $10 expedite fee per month. I made a post about it but no one has commented.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks, I'm leaning jpc 2.o, just looking at alternatives
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Match the plates to the carrier. Large=large
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
apologies if this has been covered but I did not read every reply in the 8 pages prior, did a pretty good job of skimming though.

I have a JPC 1.0 on order in size LARGE

Will the larges fit in that (1093's)?

Im 6'-2" 200lbs - tall and lean

I understand the JPC 2.0 is better for thicker plates but I ordered the 1.0 a month or so back so its a bit late for that.

So do we think the large plates will fit? or should I go with mediums?

edit - this is for my lightweight / mobile set up as I've got a full front and sides level iv carrier already.... so I think I just answered my own question - medium.

Ordered my 1092's (med) and almost sure to go with JPC 2.0 for my PC.  One point of confusion related to same size for the plates as the carrier is...on the Crye site, the sizing chart for the JPC 2.0 says a Medium (my plate size) fits a 37-40 in chest.  I'm a 42 suit jacket..will I have issues?  I'm assuming medium plates in a large PC means sloppy fit?
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ordered my 1092's (med) and almost sure to go with JPC 2.0 for my PC.  One point of confusion related to same size for the plates as the carrier is...on the Crye site, the sizing chart for the JPC 2.0 says a Medium (my plate size) fits a 37-40 in chest.  I'm a 42 suit jacket..will I have issues?  I'm assuming medium plates in a large PC means sloppy fit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
apologies if this has been covered but I did not read every reply in the 8 pages prior, did a pretty good job of skimming though.

I understand the JPC 2.0 is better for thicker plates but I ordered the 1.0 a month or so back so its a bit late for that.

edit - this is for my lightweight / mobile set up as I've got a full front and sides level iv carrier already.... so I think I just answered my own question - medium.

Always size the PC to the plates. I believe it will fit fine, worst case is you need a longer cummerbund or whatever straps on the sides. I ordered a medium as well and have a 42" chest, been waiting months but my ship date is this week
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Always size the PC to the plates. I believe it will fit fine, worst case is you need a longer cummerbund or whatever straps on the sides. I ordered a medium as well and have a 42" chest, been waiting months but my ship date is this week
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that.  JPC 2.0 ordered (MC) in Med via the eBay link referenced earlier.  Lots of great info in this thread!    

So I be using the JPC 2.0 with Haley D3CRX chest rig (5.56, I plan to get a Heavy for 7.62 also).  What other accessories or "must haves" do others suggest?
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anybody here with the 1092 medium in the JPC 2.0 medium: is there enough room in the plate bag to get a padded plate backer in there as well?

Looking at something like this First Spear padded backer. It doesn't say it's thickness, just wondering how much more room there is to stretch in those bags.
View Quote
there isn't enough room.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Roger that.  JPC 2.0 ordered (MC) in Med via the eBay link referenced earlier.  Lots of great info in this thread!    

So I be using the JPC 2.0 with Haley D3CRX chest rig (5.56, I plan to get a Heavy for 7.62 also).  What other accessories or "must haves" do others suggest?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazing fast shipping from the Ebay seller.  Vest here, I need to set it up.  I won't have my plates for probably 2 more months, what can I use in place of them to try to set this up?

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone happen to know if they'll fit in an Esstac ASS?
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What carrier will you be using? Congrats on the plates.
View Quote

I had them in a medium JPC 1.0 carrier. I sold them though, as i'm waiting for some multi curved light weights from RMA
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone paying attention to prices today? Did prices go up today?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#47]
My plates should be here Friday. Ordered June 11.

Quoted:
Anyone paying attention to prices today? Did prices go up today?
View Quote

Prices look the same as when I ordered mine back in June. Maybe you're looking at their new Level IV plate, RMA 1192?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Prices look the same as when I ordered mine back in June. Maybe you're looking at their new Level IV plate, RMA 1192?
View Quote
Maybe... I'm down a rabbit hole so potentially confusing makes/models/levels. Carry on folks....
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone happen to know if they'll fit in an Esstac ASS?
View Quote

Yes. Medium plates fit in medium  Esstac ASS
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top