Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Received my tracking number. Took awhile, but I had no problem waiting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Let us know what you think of them when you get them.  How long was the wait time for ya?
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
nice.

cant wait for mine.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
11 weeks. They have been bombarded with orders, so I knew the wait was gonna be long. Unlike some people, it didn’t bother me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I need to order some 3+ XL plates for my new OCPC.  My current plates are too small
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
If anyone knows of a similarly thick plate fitting into a Slickster let me know, can't find any real-world information on it. Those two in combination would be the ultimate setup!

Edit: other than manufacture suggestions of 1", not sure if this is the hard out or when it starts to get "difficult" to slide them in
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If anyone knows of a similarly thick plate fitting into a Slickster let me know, can't find any real-world information on it. Those two in combination would be the ultimate setup!

Edit: other than manufacture suggestions of 1", not sure if this is the hard out or when it starts to get "difficult" to slide them in
View Quote
I have a set of 1 inch thick medium sapi cut plates and they slide right in my medium slickster, slighly thicker plates could fit.  1.2 inches idk...i think they might fit... but it would be tight.  also not sure of tolerances when they put them together...maybe mine was made on large end of tolerance and another was made on the small end... maybe they fit in that still but seams stressed etc.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Plates will be in tomorrow.

Now, I just gotta wait 3-4 weeks for my OCPC to come in due to taking too long to decide whether I wanted MC or coyote. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#9]
@D-RAS03

Plates are light as hell. Coverage is perfect, glad I bought medium sized plates. Large would have covered more belly but this would have been too oversized for me. The stitching on one plate is pulled out somewhat. Hopes it doesn’t come apart, but I doubt it, as it will be in the PC. I can always just use duct tape to go over it if it bothers me. No biggy. I am very pleased with my purchase in any case.

ETA: The bottom is pretty much wrinkle free.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@D-RAS03

Plates are light as hell. Coverage is perfect, glad I bought medium sized plates. Large would have covered more belly but this would have been too oversized for me. The stitching on one plate is pulled out somewhat. Hopes it doesn’t come apart, but I doubt it, as it will be in the PC. I can always just use duct tape to go over it if it bothers me. No biggy.

ETA: The bottom is pretty much wrinkle free.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22392/331027CD-0DC1-4B56-A327-6EB54BA374A9_jpeg-1151912.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22392/D782559B-2E14-48B0-A7DF-B7FD9EBD23EA_jpeg-1151913.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22392/F19CC4EF-9E92-4359-B624-70A7F04933AD_jpeg-1151914.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22392/D97FF438-DCE0-429D-9095-E8EF92CDD5FF_jpeg-1151915.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for posting.  I'm not sure but I don't think the stitching would affect anything.  If you think they are light wait till your PC comes in and you wear it.  It's incredible how you almost won't even notice it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I don’t think the stitching will be an issue. Can’t wait to get my OCPC to see how it feels all set-up.

Some of my buddies bought steel plates without consulting me first and ended up buying STEEL plates that weigh about 9-10 pounds each. Lol. They got some package deal. I’m pretty sure they will be all “WTF?!” when I show them my set-up. And their PC is Condor.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:45:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, I don’t think the stitching will be an issue. Can’t wait to get my OCPC to see how it feels all set-up.

Some of my buddies bought steel plates without consulting me first and ended up buying STEEL plates that weigh about 9-10 pounds each. Lol. They got some package deal. I’m pretty sure they will be all “WTF?!” when I show them my set-up. And their PC is Condor.
View Quote
I'm sure your buddies will regret that decision.  Show them the way and maybe they will get a set.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:55:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm sure your buddies will regret that decision.  Show them the way and maybe they will get a set.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will see. My buddy is prior Army (FISTer) and his brother is a former Ranger. I’m just the civvy gun nut. They bought based on price and I’m sure they will be regretting their purchase after they see my set-up.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#14]
That really disappoints me about the threading. It doesnt happen much and we usually catch it. I'm assuming it was one of the newbies at the facility but all in all it wont affect ballistics. Still disappointing to see.

I'm glad you like the plates though! Let us know how they are in the carrier.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#15]
@Cclark0719

No worries! I’m still more than satisfied with my purchase. The price point, threat level rating and weight are tops. I will not hesitate to recommend your product to friends who are looking to buy armor. All good, brother.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]

great successsss. these suckers are light. well worth the weight.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Niiiice!
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435747/signal-2019-11-08-164253-1-1153677.jpg

great successsss. these suckers are light. well worth the weight.
View Quote
mind doing a review on them?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone been able to try these in a JPC 1.0?

I've just read  few comments saying "Mabye, it would be really tight" and one "a medium plate may fit a large JPC."
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#20]
They've had another materials issue.

14 weeks out now for orders end of August.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 2:02:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I’m willing to wait for no compromise on quality.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Guessing no Black Friday sales for these..
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 5:12:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I’m willing to wait for no compromise on quality.
View Quote
I'm guessing that's why they have never failed a FIT.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Which of the RMA plates are you guys purchasing? There's so many different level4 options
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#25]
1092. Level 4 are too heavy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Which of the RMA plates are you guys purchasing? There's so many different level4 options
View Quote
https://rmadefense.com/product/level-iii-plus-multi-curve-small-extra-large-nij-07-tested/
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm willing to wait for no compromise on quality.
If the choice is wait and have zero failure, is that question?

At this price point - its good value. But its important to be realistic with timelines - hence the update. 8 weeks was communicated when ordered, were almost double. I have plenty of armor available and this is for eval as much as anything, so no real issue. For others it may be.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Just to update everyone, we were getting caught up and had a batch of material that although would have been fine to use, it still didnt meet our quality standard. We had to send it back and get a new batch. We know the wait is long, it's far longer than we want but we just wont sacrifice quality for quantity. We've also had a talk with that manufacturer to keep this from happening.

BLACK FRIDAY: I may have told some of you we weren't doing a black Friday sale. I was wrong. We got caught up on some other models sooner than expected. We have started to stockpile certain models, which you've seen this sale before. We will announce later this week, possibly beginning of next week what the actual sales will be. I'm sure you can already guess what one sale will be. I will tell you there wont be any sale on the III+ as we're to far behind as is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Do you have a new estimate on when you guys will be caught up? I wanna place an order, but might as well place it later if the wait time is 4+ months
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do you have a new estimate on when you guys will be caught up? I wanna place an order, but might as well place it later if the wait time is 4+ months
View Quote
Ideally it will be within a month. I dont believe we've had orders out over 4 months. It pains us to see them as far out as they are but unfortunately some of it we had no control over.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Black Friday Level 4 plate set $200
Are these particular level 4 plates good? (1155)

At checkout There's a state tax and a county tax
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#32]
^ yes they are NIJ Certified 06 plates with 10 yr warranty. They are only single curve and on the heavier side, but they are a very tough Level IV plate :D
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
^ yes they are NIJ Certified 06 plates with 10 yr warranty. They are only single curve and on the heavier side, but they are a very tough Level IV plate :D
View Quote
What's the difference between these and their other level 4 plates?
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RMA has three level IV plate models. The only significant difference between them is weight, with the 1189 being a notable exception due to the reduced coverage strike face.

The 1155 (the cheap one) is their lowest tier model at 8.3 pounds per plate.

The 1189 is lighter at 6.9 pounds but the ceramic coverage is only 8x10, so you don't have full protection over the entire plate surface.

The 1199 is their lightest at 4.7 pounds and has full ceramic coverage.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

RMA has three level IV plate models. The only significant difference between them is weight, with the 1189 being a notable exception due to the reduced coverage strike face.

The 1189 is lighter at 6.9 pounds but the ceramic coverage is only 8x10, so you don't have full protection over the entire plate surface.

View Quote
Thanks you I appreciate it

Which $99 plate do you think is the better buy?
https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates-only-5-5-lbs-80-thick/
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates-only-5-5-lbs-80-thick/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As Botach's plates are imported and the actual manufacturer is unknown (possibly Longfri, as one of their other offerings is confirmed to be a Longfri plate and Longfri lists a 5.5 pound level IV plate in their product catalog) I don't recommend their purchase.

The short version is: I don't trust imported body armor being sold by a distributor known for being shifty in the past and who is putting effort into obfuscating the plates place of origin.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone fit these in an Esstac Daeodon Light/ASS carrier?
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same question with LBT 6094A... They are running a deal on the Mas Gray amd mag pouch combo.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 1:17:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Same question with LBT 6094A... They are running a deal on the Mas Gray amd mag pouch combo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 3 of this thread, click link
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Got-my-RMA-1092-III-plates-Little-review-JPC-2-0-fit-results-urbankaos04-review-page-5/10-497422/?page=3#i5129553
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Just ordered a pair. I have a Crye JPC 1.0 so i'll be the guinea pig. I had a pair of their lvl IV 1199 in it before which I think was 1.0 thickness and 10x12. This pair may be slightly thicker at 1.2 thickness but I think I should be able to squeeze it in since the width is .5 thinner at 9.5 and their old plates hopefully "stretched" out my JPC a bit.

Anyways i'll post my results in a month or two when they arrive.

Now I wait in the long night.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Informed that the 1092s ordered in end of August were received, so about 14 weeks.

Won't have a chance to check out for a bit
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Informed that the 1092s ordered in end of August were received, so about 14 weeks.

Won't have a chance to check out for a bit
View Quote
~13 more weeks and a few days to go for me then. It's okay it gives me more time to build up my stamina as I plan to hike with these plates on lol.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#43]
A buddy of mine just places an order for the same plates and purchased a JPC 2.0. I told him about the wait but he states he didn’t care, the price point and performance were too good to pass up.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#44]
When I get mine in my JPC 2.0, I'll post up some more pics. I'll try them in the Grey Ghost Gear minimalist carrier that was on blowout last year, too.

Gotta move into the new house first. Every thing is boxed up in a storage unit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Update from RMA:

So we have gotten behind on lead times because of material issues (batches not meeting our quality standards) and how many we could build at a time. I'm happy to say we've gotten consistently good quality material since the batch we sent back. We have also redesigned the shelving we use in the process of making these plates so we can get more quantity in one load.

We plan on having all orders for our III+ that were ordered before December 1 out the door by January 1. We might even get more than that.
We're ecstatic on how popular these are and very appreciative of everyone's patience.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Just my luck, ordered mines Dec 2 lol. Either way, thanks for the update clark!
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just my luck, ordered mines Dec 2 lol. Either way, thanks for the update clark!
View Quote
Good thing is that with the redesign of how we load the plates so we can get more done in one go, this will keep our lead times at what they are stated as or even below that. No more 14 week wait, which pains us just as much as you guys. We hate seeing those extended lead times. But we're working on getting and keeping those down. We appreciate each and every one of you!
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Good thing is that with the redesign of how we load the plates so we can get more done in one go, this will keep our lead times at what they are stated as or even below that. No more 14 week wait, which pains us just as much as you guys. We hate seeing those extended lead times. But we're working on getting and keeping those down. We appreciate each and every one of you!
View Quote
That's awesome to hear, man. I can't wait until I have the cash together to get the ball rolling on a set of 1092s.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Feelings mutual! There's a reason why RMA plates are in such high demand, like stated many times over in this thread quality > wait times.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#50]
My 1093s arrived today (ordered 9/1).  Well worth the wait!  I stressed hard about whether to get these or go with 1092s - I have a 43" chest.  With the plates in hand, I am very pleased with my choice.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top