Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Tempted to order a second set inspite of the lead time...decisions decisions.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just do it. Other than the wait time there are no negatives about these plates. I also feel like ordering a second set, but can’t do that money-wise right now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just need to know if it will fit thickness wise in my scarab otherwise ill order.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just need to know if it will fit thickness wise in my scarab otherwise ill order.
View Quote
We havent heard anything from customers with that carrier. I'd get ahold of them and see what the dimensions or let me know what exact model and I can try to find out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
We're hoping lead times get cut down here shortly. We've put the hammer down on the material supplier and they've gotten into gear.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We're hoping lead times get cut down here shortly. We've put the hammer down on the material supplier and they've gotten into gear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good to hear, and I hope that QC remains the same.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good to hear, and I hope that QC remains the same.
View Quote
Always. We value your trust.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We havent heard anything from customers with that carrier. I'd get ahold of them and see what the dimensions or let me know what exact model and I can try to find out.
View Quote
DM'd

If anyone else can chime in, id appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]
VelSys told me its only up to 1" thick plates that fit into the carrier or else I have to go a size larger in carrier. :/

Do I gamble and try anyway?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
VelSys told me its only up to 1" thick plates that fit into the carrier or else I have to go a size larger in carrier. :/

Do I gamble and try anyway?
View Quote
I emailed them and they said "to fit those plates you will need to order a large carrier due to the plate thickness."
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I emailed them and they said "to fit those plates you will need to order a large carrier due to the plate thickness."
View Quote
Yup...guess I have to find another plate or get a different carrier
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Anyone know if the mediums work in a Ferro slickster?
View Quote
I second this, has anyone ever tried it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I second this, has anyone ever tried it?
View Quote
On their website it says maximum 1" thick unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#14]
@Cclark0719

Do you offer a military (active/retired) discount?  I have some .mil bros that are interested purchasing but using personal funds, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@Cclark0719

Do you offer a military (active/retired) discount?  I have some .mil bros that are interested purchasing but using personal funds, thanks!
View Quote
We do! I'll message you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We do! I'll message you.
View Quote
Got it, thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Deleted
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm planning on picking up the 6x6 side plates, anyone have them?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Any confirmation these will fit the Spiritus carrier?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We do! I'll message you.
View Quote
@

Hook me up too, your day box is full.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 2:48:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Hrmm - any reason why these wouldn't fit in a JPC 1.0? I thought both the 1.0 and 2.0 had the stretchy material...
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 3:28:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hrmm - any reason why these wouldn't fit in a JPC 1.0? I thought both the 1.0 and 2.0 had the stretchy material...
View Quote
The 2.0 has more stretch than the 1.0.   I also talk to Crye and for a plate this thick they said the would recommend the 2.0 of go up a carrier size.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The 2.0 has more stretch than the 1.0.   I also talk to Crye and for a plate this thick they said the would recommend the 2.0 of go up a carrier size.
View Quote
Can anyone else verify this though? It's not really stated anywhere in their specifications/advertisement over its benefits over the 1.0. Also, pictures of both seem to show similar amounts of the stretchy material..?
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]
@Cclark0719

Yalls lead time still 3ish weeks? Considering a 2nd set.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@Cclark0719

Yalls lead time still 3ish weeks? Considering a 2nd set.
View Quote
Unfortunately our lead time for the III+ has never been 3ish weeks. It is 8-10 weeks for that model. We have let that slip quite a bit but we are now back to those times and are working to get even better lead times.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#26]
thanks for the review
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump. Anyone get theirs in yet?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bump. Anyone get theirs in yet?
View Quote
I have about a month left on mine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I should be getting mine in the next 2 weeks, or so.  The 7th will be week 8. I don’t mind the wait, as I still haven’t ordered my carrier yet.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We actually have another multi-curve option in our 1061-1064 series
We're currently working with material dealers (mainly ceramic) to get be able to get more multi-curve options and more size options, along with working on reducing weights/thickness on some current models. It all takes time, money, and working with material manufacturers. We're excited to release new and even better stuff later on in 2019 and the years to come.
View Quote
have you guys considered an all ceramic or a mostly ceramic/UHMWPE hybrid in order to get thinner plates? It would be great if there were a reasonably priced alternative to the Velocity Systems vs-pbz and vs-pbzsa which run around $1000 ea

VS-PBZSA
Ballistic Specifications:
Model Number: VS-PBZSA
Type: Stand-Alone, Multi-Strike
Composition: Ceramic
Shape: SAPI
Thinness: 0.52 Inches/13.208mm

Threat Level:
7.62 x 39 Armor Piercing Incendiary (API - BZ), Multi-hit
7.62 x 39 Ball, Mild Steel Core, PS Ball
7.62 x 51 NATO M80 Ball, Multi-hit
5.56 x 45 M855, Multi-hit
5.56 x 45 M855 A1, Multi-hit
5.56 x 45 M193, Multi-hit
5.45 x 39 AK-74, Multi-hit

Small    3.60 lbs.    8.75" x 11.75"
Medium    4.10 lbs.    9.50" x 12.50"
Large    4.80 lbs.    10.25" x 13.25"
X-Large    5.50 lbs.    11.00" x 14.00"
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
have you guys considered an all ceramic or a mostly ceramic/UHMWPE hybrid in order to get thinner plates? It would be great if there were a reasonably priced alternative to the Velocity Systems vs-pbz and vs-pbzsa which run around $1000 ea

VS-PBZSA

Threat Level:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We actually have another multi-curve option in our 1061-1064 series
We're currently working with material dealers (mainly ceramic) to get be able to get more multi-curve options and more size options, along with working on reducing weights/thickness on some current models. It all takes time, money, and working with material manufacturers. We're excited to release new and even better stuff later on in 2019 and the years to come.

VS-PBZSA

Threat Level:

The Hesco U210 and TenCate 2000SA are both comparable plates, the U210 more so.

Pretty sure LTC makes some similar options but they're so weird about making info on products readily available I can't say for certain.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I should be getting mine in the next 2 weeks, or so.  The 7th will be week 8. I don't mind the wait, as I still haven't ordered my carrier yet.
View Quote
oct 8th will be week 8 for me.

my jpc 2.0 medium did though ship today ftw.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Anything yet?

I am on week 8 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Anything yet?

I am on week 8 tomorrow.
View Quote
Our lead time posted on the website is 8-10 weeks. Of course this isn't what people want but it's been a record breaking summer for us with all the political stuff going on. Also we didn't expect the demand for our III+ to be THIS big. We'd also much rather focus on quality of our products rather than rush them to get done and miss something, especially with the industry we are in.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anything yet?

I am on week 8 tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything yet?

I am on week 8 tomorrow.
nope. hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Our lead time posted on the website is 8-10 weeks. Of course this isn't what people want but it's been a record breaking summer for us with all the political stuff going on. Also we didn't expect the demand for our III+ to be THIS big. We'd also much rather focus on quality of our products rather than rush them to get done and miss something, especially with the industry we are in.
View Quote
awesome. hope yall are ready and gearing up for next year. warehouses of plates. warehouses.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything yet?

I am on week 8 tomorrow.
I just started week 9, but I’m okay with waiting, as I would rather you guys take your time than to sacrifice quality in order to push out product.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 2:31:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just started week 9, but I’m okay with waiting, as I would rather you guys take your time than to sacrifice quality in order to push out product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything yet?

I am on week 8 tomorrow.
I promise you will be happy when you get the plates. The wait time is a bit long but well worth it once you hold them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm in the middle of week 7, and I concur.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was not insinuating that you are doing a poor job. Not at all, just checking to see how the other guys orders are coming along. I know I am getting close so I am trying to gauge the excitement.

I know what your lead time is, it is pretty freaking clear. SO maybe you should rethink how you posted that comment.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was not insinuating that you are doing a poor job. Not at all, just checking to see how the other guys orders are coming along. I know I am getting close so I am trying to gauge the excitement.

I know what your lead time is, it is pretty freaking clear. SO maybe you should rethink how you posted that comment.
View Quote
I wasn't meaning any disrespect or anything by what I said. I was just stating the lead time and explaining the reason for the extended lead times. Again I didn't mean anything ill by it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how you interpreted Cclark0719’s comment, but I think it was different than my interpretation. Curious, how did you understand it?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not sure how you interpreted Cclark0719’s comment, but I think it was different than my interpretation. Curious, how did you understand it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He should eat a snickers then re-read the post.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn I’m only 3 weeks in to my order.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 3:13:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wasn't meaning any disrespect or anything by what I said. I was just stating the lead time and explaining the reason for the extended lead times. Again I didn't mean anything ill by it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cclark07, you are good. Your post was fine and they have always been professional. Can’t wait to get the plates!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He should eat a snickers then re-read the post.
View Quote
I'm good, but he has said this a lot, and I have read it enough. I wasn't asking about his lead times or even mad. He wasn't even answering the question.

Maybe you eat a snickers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Are we there yet???
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Week 10 in effect. Gonna finally order the AWS OCPC this week.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Are we there yet???
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Will these fit in a Scarab LT?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top