Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
SANDF Soldier 2000 is damn hard to find.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make the mail guy go faster...

ETA : I have a shipping notice
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just bought a british DPM  smock. Not rare, not all that interesting, I just had to have it.

it's a weakness...
Pics or it didn't happen.
Make the mail guy go faster...

ETA : I have a shipping notice
It was listed as “out for delivery” yesterday but I didn’t get it. Guess that means tomorrow.

Placeholder for pic...

Unissued in original packaging. Brits must love velcro- there’s enough to stick myself to the wall and be unable to escape.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Kommandostore has new versions of their Gorka suit with upgraded features and in Multicam(ish) and Russian camo.  I am tempted on the Multicam, but height sizing is only up to 6'-0"???
https://kommandostore.com/products/gorka-m-modernized-gorka-suit
View Quote
Small update since I was over there looking at their Flecktarn sale, they actually have sizes up to 6'4" and choices on the chest size.  So maybe I ordered one since I had money sitting on Paypal
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It was listed as "out for delivery" yesterday but I didn't get it. Guess that means tomorrow.

Placeholder for pic...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69531/4A972F5C-A4DB-4C20-9977-F19074E6D877-1005319.jpg

Unissued in original packaging. Brits must love velcro- there's enough to stick myself to the wall and be unable to escape.
View Quote
Cool. Is that the one with the wire in the seam of the hood?

If so, I cut a small hole in mine with a seam ripper and pulled it out. Much better that way IMO.

I use it for doing chores around the property in fall.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Small update since I was over there looking at their Flecktarn sale, they actually have sizes up to 6'4" and choices on the chest size.  So maybe I ordered one since I had money sitting on Paypal
View Quote
So I learn that being a manlet finally pays off!  Nice.

You're lucky with that find.  At 5'9" I have a hard time finding euro surplus stuff 'big" enough for my size. I can't imagine what that's like at yours.  Especially if you're talking older patterns.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If so, I cut a small hole in mine with a seam ripper and pulled it out. Much better that way IMO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was listed as "out for delivery" yesterday but I didn't get it. Guess that means tomorrow.

Placeholder for pic...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69531/4A972F5C-A4DB-4C20-9977-F19074E6D877-1005319.jpg

Unissued in original packaging. Brits must love velcro- there's enough to stick myself to the wall and be unable to escape.

Correct. I may do the same.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 1:15:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I got one of the Brit Multicam ones, probably my favorite coat...  But I love the wire in the hood.  This one still had RAF Regiment tabs on it.  But whoever used it did a perfect job on the hood.  I'm afraid to touch it since I'll never get it in the same condition again.

Quoted:
You're lucky with that find.  At 5'9" I have a hard time finding euro surplus stuff 'big" enough for my size. I can't imagine what that's like at yours.  Especially if you're talking older patterns.
I am 6'2" but significantly thinner than I once was, and a ways to go too.  It's so weird to order some tops only in Large, not even XL sometimes.  But my mental image of me and correct fit is still skewed, so I have a lot of trouble on the sizing.

The Germans talk a good game about their military sizing going up to 20, but O.G. fat bois know they actually have larger sizes that are basically "20 Fat" and "20 Fatter"
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
0241 now has their T-Block smocks available, and also fabric by the yard! https://0241tactical.com/shop?keywords=block&olsPage=products%2Fnight-desert-poly-twill-material-ndfab

I recently received my 0241 smock (Covert Arid) I had semi-custom ordered with pit zips.  Great stuff and pit zips work great, but he made me a smock instead of a zip-up.  He relized his mistake before I received it, and he called me immediately.  we had a good talk about options and this possibility of him getting the FFV Rhodie material!  Big +1 for 0241Tractical customer service!
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
0241 now has their T-Block smocks available, and also fabric by the yard! https://0241tactical.com/shop?keywords=block&olsPage=products%2Fnight-desert-poly-twill-material-ndfab

I recently received my 0241 smock I had semi-custom ordered with pit zips.  Great stuff and pit zips work great, but he made me a smock instead of a zip-up.  He relized his mistake before I received it, and he called me immediately.  we had a good talk about options and this possibility of him getting the FFV Rhodie material!  Big +1 for 0241Tractical customer service!
View Quote
IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Fireforce Ventures Rhodie combat pants and then BDU top.  Taking pictures of sale items and could do these too.  Still haven't dug out my old '80s set to compare.
FFV has posted a number of comparisons of their products against other knockoffs on IG in the past week.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]
In your hijacked Rhodie Brushstroke thread, today's post is that OAF Nation has brushstroke t-shirts and hoodies on pre-order.  So per my SOP I must buy one of anything that people produce in brushstroke

OAF Nation hoodie
Search brushstroke for the t-shift
Use code "BOOTYCHEEKS" for 20% off
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In your hijacked Rhodie Brushstroke thread, today's post is that OAF Nation has brushstroke t-shirts and hoodies on pre-order.  So per my SOP I must buy one of anything that people produce in brushstroke

OAF Nation hoodie
View Quote
Shit, that's hot, and really tempting. Damn you for posting that.

Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I ordered one of those.  But this is gonna be MUCH better:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43810/1AFFDBD6-B53E-497D-8C7E-A51A364D4DE0_jpeg-1040245.JPG
View Quote
Is that a quilted puffy coat thing?  Knit cuffs?  Yeah, no.  Yoots and their puffy coats .  Admittedly I'd do serious things for a good brushstroke rain shell.

Is three a brushstroke bandwagon?  I guess so, media attempts to demonize it and Rhodesia in general only adding to the publicity.  While I like all t he new items, will I regret not being the only cool kid with them?

This reminds me of the early 2000s before the Army adopted their version of Multicam.  Finally there was a really good military-style camo that was unique and relatively rare.  Before Multicam and some others that came out around the same time like ATACS, the only options for tough clothes were Woodland pattern surplus, or some hunting patterns (which are generally shit IMHO).  So Multicam was the thing to have to be cool.  Then the Big Army adopted it, and suddenly it was everywhere.  That was great for having thousands of options, but then all the tards had it too.  I had to go back to being cool with brushstroke and ASAT.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OAF Nation hoodie
View Quote
Dang, coupon isn’t working. Need to be all caps or something?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is that a quilted puffy coat thing?  Knit cuffs?  Yeah, no.  Yoots and their puffy coats .  Admittedly I'd do serious things for a good brushstroke rain shell.

Is three a brushstroke bandwagon?  I guess so, media attempts to demonize it and Rhodesia in general only adding to the publicity.  While I like all t he new items, will I regret not being the only cool kid with them?

This reminds me of the early 2000s before the Army adopted their version of Multicam.  Finally there was a really good military-style camo that was unique and relatively rare.  Before Multicam and some others that came out around the same time like ATACS, the only options for tough clothes were Woodland pattern surplus, or some hunting patterns (which are generally shit IMHO).  So Multicam was the thing to have to be cool.  Then the Big Army adopted it, and suddenly it was everywhere.  That was great for having thousands of options, but then all the tards had it too.  I had to go back to being cool with brushstroke and ASAT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43810/1AFFDBD6-B53E-497D-8C7E-A51A364D4DE0_jpeg-1040245.JPG

OAF Nation have kind of skylined themselves in terms of quality and CS, which i won’t really go into. Lot of history.  I posted the screenshot mainly to point out OAF ain’t the only ones coming out with a brushstroke hoody. The pattern IS different; each of them is using a different magnification etc so to speak. But WRMFZY is more dedicated to the pattern than OAF is, based upon previous offerings, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It was all caps, but also I think it was a one-day thing.

Quoted:
OAF Nation have kind of skylined themselves in terms of quality and CS, which i won’t really go into. Lot of history.  I posted the screenshot mainly to point out OAF ain’t the only ones coming out with a brushstroke hoody. The pattern IS different; each of them is using a different magnification etc so to speak. But WRMFZY is more dedicated to the pattern than OAF is, based upon previous offerings, if that makes sense.
Yeah, I miss most of history/drama for these various little companies.  I just get on a few mailing lists to watch their sales, not follow them on IG or FB.  I was impressed that Wrmfzy had a Cormac McCarthy-inspired t-shirt
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#18]
So in the late 80's one of my boys had a Portuguese pattern poncho. It was a canvas top layer and a rubber bottom layer. Does anyone know where to find one of these? Any help to find one or two of these would be greatly appreciated. Big fan of this thread as I am a camo nerd too!
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OAF Nation hoodie

Stopped ordering from them when their company politics got a little weird.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So in the late 80's one of my boys had a Portuguese pattern poncho. It was a canvas top layer and a rubber bottom layer. Does anyone know where to find one of these? Any help to find one or two of these would be greatly appreciated. Big fan of this thread as I am a camo nerd too!
View Quote
I have two that are gathering dust. As is typical of these, the rubber is flaking off, but the fabric is 100%. PM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#21]
FFV email says they are restocked on BDUs and I noticed sniper veils also in stock.

They are teasing codura products and a woobie!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#22]
There's a set of XL coveralls in SANDF Soldier 2000 for sale on the FAL Files for $245 plus shipping right now.  Seller recently sold some of the SAPS camo, too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#23]
This thread is costing me money. You guys are reminding me of things I never acquired, or didn't know about......and there goes some more $!

I've got some SADF inbound, along with some of the FFV Rhodie stuff.

Thanks, I think....
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Finally found some old E. German camo that I've been looking for quite some time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Any present leads on T Block Camo reproductions? Frequent googling is giving me no love...
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Finally found some old E. German camo that I've been looking for quite some time.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/East_German_Blumentarn_JPG-1074959.jpg
View Quote
Kartoffelntarnmuster!  alte Schule GST!
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Blumentarn is cool.

Not a fan of those latest fashion things tho (the hoodies and the whole rhodesian craze).

This is an ANGLIA or ANGLIJA uniform in proprietary Sumrak camo (don't be confused as SUMRAK is more commonly used also for a uniform CUT) made by Tactic-9. Named ANGLIA because the cut is inspired by british uniform (is a smock type jacket with canadian buttons). it's a comfortable mid season garment, lighter than a gorka but heavier than a Sumrak cut. Looks like snow camo because of the whitish color but it is not.

For comparison the helmet cover is Danish M84 snow variant (which is not a danish camo, was developed by civilian manufacturer TacGear and eventually was adopted off the shelf by french 13th RDP) and there is a marpat jacket for reference.

This cut is offered also in JAGEL camo (Finnish temperate M05 copy) and in TOCHKA-4 (slightly enlarged Danish M84 with some brown dots into it.)
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Very nice camo - I always liked that cut of jacket as well, ever since I got some OD Canadian fatigues in 1982.
Finally got the SANDF 2000

Picked up an Italian BSM top as well, new to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#29]
The SANDF camo would probably do pretty well in my area.  Rhodesian DPM does great here as well, as does the Belgian brushtroke for African deployments.  I'll bet the dry season Rhodesian DPM would work well most of the year here as well.  On the other side of the mountains, 6-color desert also works great.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, was it your old thread or maybe another thread you had, where you had the pics of all of the different camo patterns, but you also took them into the woods or different environments and set them up and took pics? It was to show which were more effective or at least which were more effective in environments in your area.

It was wild to me, that some that looked on the surface like they would blend in well with the background, having all the same colors as the woods around them, but they stood out like sore thumbs, while some that had completely oddball colors and patterns became almost invisible once in the woods, or on the terrain that was tested.

If it wasn't you, I wonder if anyone remembers that thread. It was from a long, long time ago, within the first few years that I joined, so 2008-2012 I guess. I was still able enough physically to at least have the desire to hunt , although I really didn't get to, and was very interested in some of those patterns.

I think whoever did it also compared some of these mil camo patterns to some of the commercial stuff that was popular, and found that some of the mil surp beat the high dollar stuff, although, some of that high end stuff also had a couple of patterns that nearly disappeared as well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#31]
@pavlovwolf
Is this the one? It's back on page three of this forum.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=286079
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@pavlovwolf
Is this the one? It's back on page three of this forum.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=286079
View Quote
@John3B

Yep, that's it. I can't ever find stuff like that. My google foo is weak Sensei. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fireforce Ventures Rhodie combat pants and then BDU top.  Taking pictures of sale items and could do these too.  Still haven't dug out my old '80s set to compare.
FFV has posted a number of comparisons of their products against other knockoffs on IG in the past week.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13081/01_rp_1__Large__crop_jpg-1035519.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13081/01_rp_2__Large__crop_jpg-1035521.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13081/01_rt_1__Large__crop_jpg-1035522.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13081/01_rt_2__Large__jpg-1035523.JPG
View Quote
This YouTube channel has some great content on camo.  Rhodesian camo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF45YluG3bY
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Any present leads on T Block Camo reproductions? Frequent googling is giving me no love...
View Quote
0241 Tactical has re-opened their smock orders and has their T-Block available.  They don't have the raw fabric on their site anymore.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have a line on some quality AUSCAM gear? Really like the pattern and it works really well where I hunt.  I'd like to get into the new Australian multicamo gear too but I'm sure that's unobtainium for now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#36]
FFV Rhodesian Brushstroke Crye-style Combat Uniform worn by USASF in Afghanistan:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone have a line on some quality AUSCAM gear? Really like the pattern and it works really well where I hunt.  I'd like to get into the new Australian multicamo gear too but I'm sure that's unobtainium for now.
View Quote
What do you mean by quality gear? Clothing or tactical gear?

From australia:
https://www.sordaustralia.com/  still have some gear
https://www.platatac.com/  has some too (sometime bargains can be found in their ebay shop)
http://www.warlordindustries.com.au/field-kit has gear and clothing (smocks)
https://ccawear.com.au/ has items

http://www.royaltigergear.com/ has some pouches and uniform+hats (chinese made), from china
https://www.begadi.com has combat shirt, helmet cover, a vest, ephod copy webbing and some pouches (far east made but quality isn't bad) from germany
https://www.contactleft.co.uk has high end airborne plce webbing (uk made), from uk
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#38]
FFV Rhodie stuff got here
BDU set

Raid Jacket

They also had this Rumanian 1990 shirt, and Polish Puma gloves

(The wife's quilt was occupying the table)
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I shouldn't tell you until I've got mine on order, but Fireforce Ventures is contracting with my other bud 0241Tactical to make Smock-Lites in FFV Brushstroke pattern.  Nothing available yet but 0241 said it on IG today, they will be sold though FFV.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#40]
I think my discretionary fund for camo is depleted for a while. I’ll just have to look at other people’ stuff when they post it, for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I shouldn't tell you until I've got mine on order, but Fireforce Ventures is contracting with my other bud 0241Tactical to make Smock-Lites in FFV Brushstroke pattern.  Nothing available yet but 0241 said it on IG today, they will be sold though FFV.
View Quote
Smocks are up for sale on Fireforce Ventures.  Only the pullovers and CDN$290 has even me hesitating.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I wish I could find cordura in M90 to have some gear made.

I did that with WZ93 and had plate carrier made
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#43]
New jacket I just got from overseas in M90. From a Swedish place called 'Armygross'. It was on sale when I found it. Soft shell design, even has "Graf jacket" inner pockets!
Armygross website

@Dinnertime
They have M90 ripstop fabric for sale, cotton/poly blend - not sure if it would be what you are looking for, but maybe?
Ripstop M90 fabric
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Wrmfzy Guy 1:  "The printer messed up, it's all ruined!"

Wrmfzy Guy 2:  "Nonsense, we just invented Brushstroke Black"

(just a theory)
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#45]
$25 gun show find
Transkei Police according to Camopedia

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#46]
This thread reminds me- I hope PrimusPilum is ok...
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:27:01 AM EDT
[#47]
0241 Tactical will be offering BDUs, combat shirts, boonies, and boots (!) in both T-Block and Night Desert.  Pre-order starts Jan 27.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
New jacket I just got from overseas in M90. From a Swedish place called 'Armygross'. It was on sale when I found it. Soft shell design, even has "Graf jacket" inner pockets!
Armygross website
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/Swedish_soft_jacket_JPG-1201284.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/Swedish_soft_jacket_detail_JPG-1201288.jpg

@Dinnertime
They have M90 ripstop fabric for sale, cotton/poly blend - not sure if it would be what you are looking for, but maybe?
Ripstop M90 fabric
View Quote
I like that. Any issues with shipping?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#49]
None at all. They send confirmation emails w/ tracking numbers, and the stuff shows up when it’s supposed to - I just got a second order from them this last week, and had no problems. I got the soft shell trousers to go with the jacket, along with a couple of other things, and it was here in about a week. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 1:16:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Fireforce Ventures had a pre-order on their Rhodie Brushstroke poncho liner a.k.a. "woobie".  $85 Canuckian pesos.  Already sold out...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top