BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
@devL

Will a G19 fit in a G17 6390RDS?

I looked at holsterops, but I don’t quite understand the plug adapters. The descriptions are not very clear.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@devL

I looked at holsterops, but I don’t quite understand the plug adapters. The descriptions are not very clear.

Thanks
View Quote
The plug is at the bottom of the holster.  It has a post which goes up inside the pistol's barrel, similar to the way some of the competition ghost holsters work.
If you buy the extra plug kit, you can swap out the plugs to allow the same holster to accomodate multiple pistol models, i.e. G19 and G17 lengths.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@devL

Thanks
View Quote
Yes, it will. It is smoothe if you have a light mounted, a little fiddly if you dont, but it will drop in and lock on the slide. The nose block only helps to center the pistol. Once locked in, the 19 is easy to draw. It is possible it could pop loose if someone tried a forceful gun grab because there is a little wiggle but for anything normal it will lock in solidly. I have a 19 and a 19X with an extended threaded barrel. The 19X with threaded barrel is essentially the same length as a 17 and with a light it is 100% in operation in a 17 sized holster.

The plug adapters make for a different nose plug height. I cant fit an extended threaded barrel on my 17 in a 17 holster because the barrel would stand off the nose of the gun so much it could not reach the lock mechanism. Keep in mind that a 17 and 19 holster both have to accommodate a light, which means the 19 holster is still as long as a 17 holster, it just has a shorter slide section, so a 17 holster and plug kit is more versatile.

My holsters predate the plug kits at holsterops, but I had been asking about options to fit a bit longer threaded barrel in a holster or just having an offset block sit closer to the lock mechanism for using a 19 minus a light more smoothly for some time and holsterops finally started selling the kits.  Id pay extra for it just for the extra versatility, even if you are not able to use it right away.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
@devl

Thanks for the helpful information. Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to hijack but what Safariland holster for a 17 with Threaded barrel and x300?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not to hijack but what Safariland holster for a 17 with Threaded barrel and x300?
View Quote
According to holsterops, you're going to want the G34 size with their plug kit.

I have the same setup (no RDS on my gun) and it locks up with X300U. There's a little play, but it still locks up.

https://holsterops.com/collections/multicam-holsters-gear/products/safariland-6354do-als-optic-holster-on-qls-19
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have the same setup (no RDS on my gun) and it locks up with X300U. There's a little play, but it still locks up.

https://holsterops.com/collections/multicam-holsters-gear/products/safariland-6354do-als-optic-holster-on-qls-19
View Quote
Do you have the plug kit?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I tried all of the combinations and chose the one with the least play.

We are talking about 1-2mm of vertical play, max. There is a little forward play, but I chalk that up to not having an optic. It's still solid as far as being lockd into the ejection port.

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered the 6390 and the qls add on last Friday. I am very excited to see if this is what I need..

Glock 17 gen 3
Tlr1HL
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top