Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2017 5:22:36 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience opinions or insight on OR's tactical line of apparel?  Namely the Infiltrator jacket.

Or the Arc'teryx LEAF hardshells?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
This doesn't help much, but I have a Arc'teryx Alpha Jacket GEN 2 2017 in grey under the tree.  I also have a Marmot hard shell in the closet.  The marmot has been great.  I played with the alpha jacket for about a minute before the wife took it to wrap.  It seemed tougher than the marmot and deffinitely more than any softshells I've seen.  I can post up more after Christmas if it's wanted.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience opinions or insight on OR's tactical line of apparel?  Namely the Infiltrator jacket.

Or the Arc'teryx LEAF hardshells?
View Quote
I have several products from both Arcteryx LEAF and the OR tactical offerings.  Though, I do not have an Infiltrator.  I have Arcteryx ColdWX Hoody LT and Jacket SV, so the infiltrator would be redundant for me.

I love all of my Arcteryx and OR products - similar (high) quality.  You asked specifically about the Arcteryx hardshells, too - I have an Alpha LT Gen2 that I love.  Another, similar, jacket that I have is a TAD Spectre - but it looks like they dont have that jacket available anymore.

Any other specific questions, let me know.  I have quite a bit from each line.

@aeRsneM
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Not LEAF variants, but I love my Beta LT & Atom LT jackets. Worth every penny
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Played with a LEAF Alpha. Truly the best of the best. I've never handled a comparable jacket. Of course, they also cost like $1,000.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve never heard a complaint about the LEAF gear (except cost).  Ultimately I think I’d like to get the Alpha jacket and pants along with an Atom LT jacket.  I’ve got all the other layers covered.

Though I really like the concept of the OR Infiltrator jacket with the stretch goretex. I believe they’re the first to use the material.  Hoping to see some reviews in the future as their product line is fairly new.  Their infinity warranty also looks pretty solid.

This year I opted for the OR Collosus jacket and Tradecraft pant.  I really needed some static cold weather gear.  Hoping to get a hard shell for the rainy shoulder seasons though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top