Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2017 4:39:18 PM EDT
Hello everyone, first post here but I have been reading on AR15.com for a while though.  Hope I am not double posting a topic that has been discussed already.

I'm in the market for my first PC and I have used the search feature high and low for a while now and read tons of individual bits and pieces of reviews and opinions on the two plate carriers I have nailed down to get for my purchase.

Has anybody had both of these PC's to compare the two overall? Specific concerns I have are long term comfort when fully loaded and how they fit. I have heard both of these PC's are comfortable but I'd like to hear some direct comparisons and opinions from people who've owned both if possible. I would be getting the 6094A for size or probably a medium scarab with a small bund. I am 5'11 and 150 pounds for reference.

Also how well does the scarab work with side plate pockets from Velocity Systems. I read a review where someone changed the c-bund to an APC bund but in another thread I read that the APC bund will not work with the scarab so I am a bit conflicted since side plates are mildly important to me.

Also I am willing to install swift clips on the LBT to run a D3CRX chest rig if that is the carrier I go with since that is my current rig, but that is also one of the draws of the scarab to me that it can already be hooked up to the rig.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello everyone, first post here but I have been reading on AR15.com for a while though.  Hope I am not double posting a topic that has been discussed already.

I'm in the market for my first PC and I have used the search feature high and low for a while now and read tons of individual bits and pieces of reviews and opinions on the two plate carriers I have nailed down to get for my purchase.

Has anybody had both of these PC's to compare the two overall? Specific concerns I have are long term comfort when fully loaded and how they fit. I have heard both of these PC's are comfortable but I'd like to hear some direct comparisons and opinions from people who've owned both if possible. I would be getting the 6094A for size or probably a medium scarab with a small bund. I am 5'11 and 150 pounds for reference.

Also how well does the scarab work with side plate pockets from Velocity Systems. I read a review where someone changed the c-bund to an APC bund but in another thread I read that the APC bund will not work with the scarab so I am a bit conflicted since side plates are mildly important to me.

Also I am willing to install swift clips on the LBT to run a D3CRX chest rig if that is the carrier I go with since that is my current rig, but that is also one of the draws of the scarab to me that it can already be hooked up to the rig.

Thanks all.
View Quote
Sorry, can't help with the carriers, but any reason you want/need side plates?

I've worn side plates. They suck. Hard. Quite a bit of extra weight and encumberment for not a whole lot of extra coverage. Their use is of course situation dependent which is why I ask why you want side plates.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont need side plates all the time, but I'd rather have the ability present rather than permanently not. And the lbt offers mag and/or comm storage in the bund.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Why are you looking at those two? I can think of a few others I'd use before those.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure when their next sale is but I got a LBT 6094a on Black Friday for something like $155. Wasn't in marked for carrier yet but I jumped at that price. Still shopping for plates. Might check EE too and see what deals pop up if price is a factor for you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on what size/color you need, these are available. Use code "10MM" and with shipping it comes to ~$187

LBT 6094, coyote, med/reg
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
What would you recommend and choose over these for a lightweight, side plate compatible carrier?

I like these because the LBT is a well reputed carrier that many people have said is comfortable for long term wear, as well as it offers all my needs and wants in a carrier.

The scarab also is reported to be very light and comfortable, and Velocity Systems products seem to have a good reputation in general such as the APC and LPAAC, the latter also being one of my picks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I always viewed the 6094 as a dated design and the scarab has shoulder straps that are too close to my neck to be comfortable. I run an APC or a JPC most of the time. The MBAV APC from OP tactical can hold any plate I've ever put in the main pockets. I run 5x7 side plates when I use them. You can put side plate pockets on the JPC on the inside and still use the MOLLE on the outside. I've just got the soft armor for the LPAC but I'm getting the carrier soon. It's a scaleable system that offers a lot of frag protection if used with soft armor.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I always viewed the 6094 as a dated design and the scarab has shoulder straps that are too close to my neck to be comfortable. I run an APC or a JPC most of the time. The MBAV APC from OP tactical can hold any plate I've ever put in the main pockets. I run 5x7 side plates when I use them. You can put side plate pockets on the JPC on the inside and still use the MOLLE on the outside. I've just got the soft armor for the LPAC but I'm getting the carrier soon. It's a scaleable system that offers a lot of frag protection if used with soft armor.
View Quote
I have thought about the APC but I like the fact that the scarab has padding and the articulating shoulder straps seemed a good idea to me. As well, VS markets it as a lighter option. I have also strongly considered the LPAAC. It's a little heavier and bulkier than the scarab, but not by much. Padding in a carrier is not a necessity to me but it seems to be a good option for long term wear.

MBAV APC is out of stock right now in my size on OP tactical unfortunately since the holidays are coming up. Thats seems to be like the LPAAC in some ways.

I am an in between size which is making the purchasing of my carrier a little risky for me. I'm 5'11, 140- pretty thin, so I'm right between a small and a medium depending on how the company cuts their product. I tried on a first spear strandhogg and it fit me pretty well. It felt a little short. If VS products fit like that then I should be able to order properly without having to return something due to fitment. But I am still nervous since its alot of coin to shell out on a vest and having to wait for return mailing time etc.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Depending on what size/color you need, these are available. Use code "10MM" and with shipping it comes to ~$187

View Quote
Anbody know if these are true LBT 6094A or LBX 0094?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True LBT. I ordered two and they are one of the best fitting carriers I have tried on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top