Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone received the 123 battery insert yet or had comms. w/ Safariland about how / when we’ll receive them?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone received the 123 battery insert yet or had comms. w/ Safariland about how / when we'll receive them?
View Quote
See my later posts.

They're supposed to go out by the end of this month. Should be shipped to the same address you gave for the headset. I'd call and ask them to make sure they actually do it. Hit the button for TCI when the robot asks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Question for anyone that was a later buyer of these: Did you get a real instruction manual? All I got was two half-assed little pamphlets. I'm hearing rumors of people who bought later than I did getting actual manuals with theirs.

Also, as of today I do not have the CR123A battery adapter in hand. April ends Monday. If it's not here Monday I'll be calling again to express my opinion on the matter. As it stands Safariland knowingly sold me an incomplete headset without notifying me in any way and has yet to make it right.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Question for anyone that was a later buyer of these: Did you get a real instruction manual? All I got was two half-assed little pamphlets. I'm hearing rumors of people who bought later than I did getting actual manuals with theirs.

Also, as of today I do not have the CR123A battery adapter in hand. April ends Monday. If it's not here Monday I'll be calling again to express my opinion on the matter. As it stands Safariland knowingly sold me an incomplete headset without notifying me in any way and has yet to make it right.
View Quote
Received my Libs on 12 April w/ 2 manuals, AAAs & the travel bag. Both manuals were professionally printed, one being a quick reference guide & the other a more detailed style manual.

From all the feedback I’ve been able to find, mine were only lacking the 123 tray/insert plus a 123 batt.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Received my Libs on 12 April w/ 2 manuals, AAAs & the travel bag. Both manuals were professionally printed, one being a quick reference guide & the other a more detailed style manual.

From all the feedback I've been able to find, mine were only lacking the 123 tray/insert plus a 123 batt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From all the feedback I've been able to find, mine were only lacking the 123 tray/insert plus a 123 batt.
I don't think any will ship with a CR123A battery, just the adapter part.

This is what came with mine for instructions:

This is some embarrassing stuff. It's obvious no one bothered with proofreading any of this. Look at this gem of a paragraph.

Link Posted: 5/21/2018 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd just like to thank all of your for your due diligence and opinions on this product.

I ordered a set when they had a 25% sale going and was very optimistic about the product. I have purchased many Safariland products and have had nothing but the best experiences with their equipment, until now...

The audio quality alone, or the lack thereof, was reason enough to suspect this product wasn't ready for release.

I received the product on Friday of last week and I contacted them today to return them for a refund. I only had them out of the box for minutes before I realized these weren't going to meet their claims, or the expectations I had for them.

I will say that Safariland's customer service was very quick in processing my request to return them and for a refund.

I'm hopeful they fix these issues and maybe they'll be ready when the next generation is released. Until then, in that price rage, I'm better off with MSA or Comtacs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/HPLBpZj.jpg

This is some embarrassing stuff. It's obvious no one bothered with proofreading any of this. Look at this gem of a paragraph.

https://i.imgur.com/RT1NRb5.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/HPLBpZj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RT1NRb5.jpg
Nothing makes me confident about a multi-hundred dollar purchase quite like a manual in Engrish.

(Taiwanese computer part suppliers get a pass)
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Well it only took ~2 months but my CR123A battery insert is finally here, even included a battery.

I have yet to install it all the way however as the fit is extremely tight in the battery compartment. I have no idea how you're supposed to get it back out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well it only took ~2 months but my CR123A battery insert is finally here, even included a battery.

I have yet to install it all the way however as the fit is extremely tight in the battery compartment. I have no idea how you're supposed to get it back out.
View Quote
@CAKEPWNER

So you didn't opt to send them back?
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@CAKEPWNER

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@CAKEPWNER

I haven't had the time to get in contact with them. I tried calling three times in one day last week, once one other day, and didn't get through.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I haven't had the time to get in contact with them. I tried calling three times in one day last week, once one other day, and didn't get through.
View Quote
Odd. I called 800-347-1200 and had to go through a prompt(I think it was option 6) for TCI. I called on two occasions, a second time to check on the status of the return shipping label. I spoke with a woman named Lucy. I wasn't on the phone for more than 10 minutes on either occasion.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Updated the OP today. Biggest change I've noticed on Safarilands product page is the price has jumped $40 from $260 to $300, removing much of the "value factor" this headset previously had. However, it is available from Botach for $250 as of this post so if you're ok with ordering from Botach instead of direct from Safariland it is still priced well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Odd. I called 800-347-1200 and had to go through a prompt(I think it was option 6) for TCI. I called on two occasions, a second time to check on the status of the return shipping label. I spoke with a woman named Lucy. I wasn't on the phone for more than 10 minutes on either occasion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent an email sev. weeks back on a Fr. requesting the CR 123 batt. tray from Saf/TCI, didn’t get a reply so the following Tuesday I called them.

After a prompt/two I spoke w/ Lucy Medine, a pleasant TCI customer serv. manager who asked me to hold, then came back & said the tray/adapter was already enroute via FedEx w/ a Thrs. ETA. She then apologized for the oversight, gave me her DL # for any future issues & also sent me the tracking info. I received the tray on time along w/ a considerable discount coupon good thru 12/31/18 for any Safariland product & to date I’ve had zero issue’s w/ my Libs.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I sent an email sev. weeks back on a Fr. requesting the CR 123 batt. tray from Saf/TCI, didn't get a reply so the following Tuesday I called them.

After a prompt/two I spoke w/ Lucy Medine, a pleasant TCI customer serv. manager who asked me to hold, then came back & said the tray/adapter was already enroute via FedEx w/ a Thrs. ETA. She then apologized for the oversight, gave me her DL # for any future issues & also sent me the tracking info. I received the tray on time along w/ a considerable discount coupon good thru 12/31/18 for any Safariland product & to date I've had zero issue's w/ my Libs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent an email sev. weeks back on a Fr. requesting the CR 123 batt. tray from Saf/TCI, didn't get a reply so the following Tuesday I called them.

After a prompt/two I spoke w/ Lucy Medine, a pleasant TCI customer serv. manager who asked me to hold, then came back & said the tray/adapter was already enroute via FedEx w/ a Thrs. ETA. She then apologized for the oversight, gave me her DL # for any future issues & also sent me the tracking info. I received the tray on time along w/ a considerable discount coupon good thru 12/31/18 for any Safariland product & to date I've had zero issue's w/ my Libs.
I have no idea if I'm just having bad luck or what but I can't get back on the phone with them. Have left several messages with my return phone number with no reply. Emailed with no reply.

Going to try an alternate contact route tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Update time.

I sent my headset in a few weeks ago with an explanation of the issues I was having with the headset. Got it back today.

What was fixed:
  • CR123A battery adapter fit - The adapter tray now fits well and slides in and out easily. A definite improvement over the state I received it in.
  • Sound cut out/feedback issues - At least one of the feedback issues my headset was having seems to have been fixed. We'll see if it stays that way. The other issues were situational dependent and difficult to replicate, I'm assuming they were fixed for now.
What wasn't fixed:
  • Sound quality - The sound quality was somewhat improved in Mode 1, they included a note detailing the modifications they made. There is still a discrepancy between the sound quality in Impulse only mode (Mode 1) and Dual mode (Mode 3), with Mode 3 sounding demonstrably better just as it had before.
That said my feelings about the headset are lukewarm. If the NFC feature was usable (it still isn't, by the way) perhaps I could play around with the sound in Mode 1 until I got it to my liking. But I can't, because the feature isn't usable.

Anyway, I'll get it to the range again, do a write up, and that'll be that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top