Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2017 10:37:51 AM EDT
Hey guys quick question. I'm looking to put together a simple SHTF/bump in the night battle belt (not a range/carbine class sort of thing) and was looking at a holster with some MOLLE "fingers" on the back that I guess you weave through the MOLLE loops on the belt. Is this kind of attachment secure (doesn't seem so to me)? The last battle belt I had was around 1981 and was ALICE web gear lol..
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Guessing you don't have any experience with MOLLE? MOLLE gear is current issue with all branches of the US Mil. and many other militaries/organizations. Has been for a long time now. It's the best modular load bearing system currently in existence and is far superior to that old ALICE gear you had.

It's perfectly secure. I dare you to try and get a pouch/holster/etc. to fall off your LBE gear. It won't.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guessing you don't have any experience with MOLLE? MOLLE gear is current issue with all branches of the US Mil. and many other militaries/organizations. Has been for a long time now. It's the best modular load bearing system currently in existence and is far superior to that old ALICE gear you had.

It's perfectly secure. I dare you to try and get a pouch/holster/etc. to fall off your LBE gear. It won't.
View Quote
^ Yes, I know what MOLLE is, but Ive never used it (other than to secure a mag pouch to me range bag). I've seen a lost of guys on here use the inner belt to go through their holster, which seems more secure. The holster I was looking at just kind of slips into the MOLLE webbing, not threaded it through live I've seen.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
^ Yes, I know what MOLLE is, but Ive never used it (other than to secure a mag pouch to me range bag). I've seen a lost of guys on here use the inner belt to go through their holster, which seems more secure. The holster I was looking at just kind of slips into the MOLLE webbing, not threaded it through live I've seen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holster model?
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a slotted HSGI belt on the UBL mid ride safariland holster. I'm not a fan of Molle holster attachments, it's really wide and doesn't hold to my body well. There's also inner outer Velcro belts, i think if i buy another belt that's what I'm going to get. The ronin let's you use the holsters normal belt attachment as well as having some space for MOLLE pouches. If you don't have the belt or pouches I would recommend those. I also have/use a BFG beltminus which I really like but is kind of niche use. For pouches on your belt open top like HSGI tacos, BFG ten speeds, and esstac kywis are great. What holster do you plan to use?
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Holster model?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holster model?
^It's a holster I saw on Fleabay. code4concealment Molle chest/battle belt holster.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a slotted HSGI belt on the UBL mid ride safariland holster. I'm not a fan of Molle holster attachments, it's really wide and doesn't hold to my body well. There's also inner outer Velcro belts, i think if i buy another belt that's what I'm going to get. The ronin let's you use the holsters normal belt attachment as well as having some space for MOLLE pouches. If you don't have the belt or pouches I would recommend those. I also have/use a BFG beltminus which I really like but is kind of niche use. For pouches on your belt open top like HSGI tacos, BFG ten speeds, and esstac kywis are great. What holster do you plan to use?
View Quote
^ Thanks. I think that setup might be right up my alley.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I would recommend a safariland retention holster either ALS or SLS.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would recommend a safariland retention holster either ALS or SLS.
View Quote
^ Great, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I run a G-Code XST (hooded retention) holster using the RTI attachment and an "optimal drop mount" on a HSGI belt. This mount attaches to the inner belt through the 3 o'clock opening in the bottom of the battle belt. I use it for both my P30 and G19. They also offer MOLLE mounts, but I like the drop mount because it lowers the holster just enough to more comfortable clear a plate carrier (I have side plates in my main carrier).
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]
You didn't list the model, so here are a few ideas

http://lbtinc.com/modular-universal-holster-2-1b5e669dd84003f7a70da7724e5cba93

or

eagle high ride holster

both of these molle holsters can also be mounted on molle drop leg/thigh panels
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Direct MOLLE on belt for a holster? Yuk.

Get a Safariland ALS holster and a Ronin belt. You will be much happier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top