Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2017 12:37:07 PM EDT
Need one for a new position and no one has one in stock. Any thoughts or insight into getting one? I have a like new coyote one to trade or buy a new one if I could find it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking for a size small, so in the same camp with you looking for smaller sizes. All I've seen have been large ones out there.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been looking for a size small, so in the same camp with you looking for smaller sizes. All I've seen have been large ones out there.
View Quote
I’ve seen some Smalls and large on amazon and other websites in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Crye-Precision-JPC-Multicam-Small/dp/B00JQR3ZU0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1512156930&sr=8-3&keywords=crye+jpc+multicam

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crye-Precision-JPC-Jumpable-Plate-Carrier-MULTICAM-Small-BLC-042-02-SM0-NEW/232577463882?hash=item3626b2764a:g:M~EAAOSw42dZBO58
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Tactical Distributors has the JPC 2.0 in Multicam and medium in stock:

https://www.tacticaldistributors.com/products/crye-jpc-2-0-mulitcam?variant=29054606215

Granted, it's the 2.0 and not the original. Also, did you try ordering direct from Crye? I ordered an AVS direct a while back and had it in about a week.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like Tactical Distributors has the JPC 2.0 in Multicam and medium in stock:

https://www.tacticaldistributors.com/products/crye-jpc-2-0-mulitcam?variant=29054606215

Granted, it's the 2.0 and not the original. Also, did you try ordering direct from Crye? I ordered an AVS direct a while back and had it in about a week.
View Quote
Their site says 12-16 week backorder.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered my medium ranger green from ethos tactical. It should be delivered today. I never heard of them before though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a large multicam JPC. Not sure if it is 2.0 or not.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks so much- bummer no ranger green or black color options.

Now to find light plates and soft armor to go behind the plates ...also contemplating if I want to run side cumberbund plates as well- CP website indicates they only take soft armor on the sides however..
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks so much- bummer no ranger green or black color options.

Now to find light plates and soft armor to go behind the plates ...also contemplating if I want to run side cumberbund plates as well- CP website indicates they only take soft armor on the sides however..
View Quote
Pretty sure I've seen ranger green in small in my search too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pretty sure I've seen ranger green in small in my search too.
View Quote
Yes thank you again, I just saw them on the CP website, guess I’ll have to order and wait direct from them

What plate vendors and level of protection are you planning to use with your JPC, stand alone or with soft armor/trauma pad backing? Any side protection?
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes thank you again, I just saw them on the CP website, guess I’ll have to order and wait direct from them

What plate vendors and level of protection are you planning to use with your JPC, stand alone or with soft armor/trauma pad backing? Any side protection?
View Quote
I use level 4 ceramics alone. No side armor.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Whatever you do don't order from their website. I ordered over the summer and at 90 days I gave up and cancelled. I order again from op tactical and it took 3 days to get it.

Edit: to get my multicam medium jpc
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 3:25:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks so much OP and everyone, this has been most helpful.

I’m going with this plate carrier and looking at level 4 ceramics from bulletproofme at the moment. Looking for reasonably priced, but willing to pay for quality and lightweight plates for mobility.. I’m now a civilian and realize some of the top end plate sellers need current LEO/MILITARY credentials - any leads and options to bulletproofme is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks so much OP and everyone, this has been most helpful.

I’m going with this plate carrier and looking at level 4 ceramics from bulletproofme at the moment. Looking for reasonably priced, but willing to pay for quality and lightweight plates for mobility.. I’m now a civilian and realize some of the top end plate sellers need current LEO/MILITARY credentials - any leads and options to bulletproofme is greatly appreciated.
View Quote
There was a thread in this forum recently where someone posted some ceramics for I think $200 for the pair. They were kind of heavy at 8.3# each but weight and thickness usually come at a cost.
http://rmadefense.com/product/level-iv-hard-armor-plate-model-1155-set/

Keep in mind the JPC is sized based on the size of the plates you put in them. A 10x12 plate puts you into a large carrier with these 1" thick. The plates I have are 9.5x11.25 and about 1/2" thick with a single curve shooters cut and they fight very tightly into a medium. If it weren't for the stretch material in the JPC they wouldn't fit. JPC sizes = ESAPI plate sizing.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Multicam JPCs are probably THE easiest high end carrier to find on the second hand market.

If you have Facebook, go check out Cool Guy Gear. I admin there and they come up for sale and trade practically daily.
View Quote
I think I joined the right group. Cool Guy Gear: Tactical gear & tools, nvg, infor & sales
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup.
Please please please read the rules.

IM me your real name on Facebook and I'll approve you ASAP.
View Quote
Awesome, just joined as well.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There was a thread in this forum recently where someone posted some ceramics for I think $200 for the pair. They were kind of heavy at 8.3# each but weight and thickness usually come at a cost.
http://rmadefense.com/product/level-iv-hard-armor-plate-model-1155-set/

Keep in mind the JPC is sized based on the size of the plates you put in them. A 10x12 plate puts you into a large carrier with these 1" thick. The plates I have are 9.5x11.25 and about 1/2" thick with a single curve shooters cut and they fight very tightly into a medium. If it weren't for the stretch material in the JPC they wouldn't fit. JPC sizes = ESAPI plate sizing.
View Quote
Appreciate it, I think I’m going to try and search for plates in the 4-6 lbs range per and pay the price for admission sort of speak. I’ll be getting the small size JPC so hopefully smaller plates - more savings , sort of at least.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Appreciate it, I think I'm going to try and search for plates in the 4-6 lbs range per and pay the price for admission sort of speak. I'll be getting the small size JPC so hopefully smaller plates - more savings , sort of at least.
View Quote
if you don't need the ap protection of lvl 4 plates take a look at the bulletproofme/armourwear lvl 3+ plates.  small sapi plates weigh in at only 3.5 lbs and they're pretty comfortable being triple curved.  i have been running a set of these for a little while now in a small jpc and really like them.  the jpc is a nice lightweight carrier and doesn't like to be loaded down so the more weight you can save with the plates really helps the overall.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

if you don't need the ap protection of lvl 4 plates take a look at the bulletproofme/armourwear lvl 3+ plates.  small sapi plates weigh in at only 3.5 lbs and they're pretty comfortable being triple curved.  i have been running a set of these for a little while now in a small jpc and really like them.  the jpc is a nice lightweight carrier and doesn't like to be loaded down so the more weight you can save with the plates really helps the overall.
View Quote
Except they are made by armour wear...and the sapi sizes are like 1/2" short....plus there was talk/thread that the strike area is not the full size of the plate.

Kinda sketchy imo.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#21]
My JPC from ethos tactical got here yesterday. It’s the real deal.  They also appear to have small and medium in multicam.

This was the first time I’ve heard of them or done business with them. They are based out of Illinois. Maybe someone from up there has more info on the company.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Great info appreciate your first hand user feedback sir.

Quoted:

Except they are made by armour wear...and the sapi sizes are like 1/2" short....plus there was talk/thread that the strike area is not the full size of the plate.

Kinda sketchy imo.
View Quote

That’s scary, thank you I’ll look into other manufacturer plate options...

Quoted:
My JPC from ethos tactical got here yesterday. It’s the real deal.  They also appear to have small and medium in multicam.

This was the first time I’ve heard of them or done business with them. They are based out of Illinois. Maybe someone from up there has more info on the company.
View Quote
Appreciate the leads Geronimo. Are you planning on running side armor with your JPC? I’ve been 50/50 with running the side plates vs not etc..
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:41:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Great info appreciate your first hand user feedback sir.

Appreciate the leads Geronimo. Are you planning on running side armor with your JPC? I’ve been 50/50 with running the side plates vs not etc..
View Quote
https://www.nij.gov/topics/technology/body-armor/Pages/compliant-ballistic-armor.aspx

Look here.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow, thank you ..that’s a lot of info here.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Medium is out of stock
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Kinda sketchy imo.
View Quote
are we talking about the same plates ?  my plates are ceramic edge to edge but they are a bit short in the height but not 1/2".  maybe your thinking about the rma plates with the foam edges.

i know some don't like armour wear around here but i think these are good light affordable plates.  from the video's i've seen on the plates and being tested by an independent lab , the same lab that tests velocity's plates i believe , i'm satisfied it will stop the rounds it's rated for.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

are we talking about the same plates ?  my plates are ceramic edge to edge but they are a bit short in the height but not 1/2".  maybe your thinking about the rma plates with the foam edges.

i know some don't like armour wear around here but i think these are good light affordable plates.  from the video's i've seen on the plates and being tested by an independent lab , the same lab that tests velocity's plates i believe , i'm satisfied it will stop the rounds it's rated for.  
View Quote
My apologies if it was the RMA plates. I still thought there were some issues with armour wear as well
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I won’t be running side plates.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Need one for a new position and no one has one in stock. Any thoughts or insight into getting one? I have a like new coyote one to trade or buy a new one if I could find it.
View Quote
You don't get issued your equipment? Not a slam, just don't get why some agencies assign guys but done issue them gear. LBT 6094 is a good alternative.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You don't get issued your equipment? Not a slam, just don't get why some agencies assign guys but done issue them gear. LBT 6094 is a good alternative.
View Quote
free to choose own equipment
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I was able to order one finally.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Kinda sketchy imo.
View Quote
Several people in my department, including me, own these plates and none of that is true of our plates, sizing is perfect with JPC 1.0 and 2.0 series. No plates meeting the new specs for impact resistance will have strike face the full size of the plate. Mine, before the new NIJ plate standard is fully to the edge. Its a good value, not the best at any price, but glad I bought it and so is everyone else I know that has a set.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 5:20:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Perhaps you are privileged to work in a wealthy area or big city. Most departments in Texas offer no hard armor or very budget armor. My dept has a nice Condor carrier and AR500 plate set in every vehicle if you are too cheap to buy your own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top