Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2017 12:14:16 AM EDT
Ordered some 5.11 tac pants on Cyber Monday, got them today and they are like wearing parachute pants. I wear 32x30 normally. Not a huge guy height or width. Are there any other options for a little bit slimmer fit tac pants?
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#1]
What features are you looking for? If it's cargo pockets, I really like the fit of Vertx pants.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
There it is again, that first post thing....
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Vertx Delta Stretch pants and TD Carlos Ray pants are my go-to's. I got rid of everything else.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for Vertx.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
UnderArmor Tac pants

I wear these for work. They are incredibly comfortable, pockets are in all the right places. The kaki is almost white, avoid that color unless you want a super light pant. Waist is fit like dress pants so, if you wear a 32 jean, you'll probably want these in a 34. Length is normal.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I wear Prana Brion pants almost everyday.  They’re a stretch/nylon kind of pant - but, they don’t have cargo pockets, they’re more of a blue jean/5-pocket design.  Prana has a pair just like them but with a cargo pocket, can’t remember the name.

My favorite “tactical” pant.  Several colors, lightweight, easy to pack, etc
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
My old .gov job issued 5.11’s and I hated them. I tried everything under the sun and came to really like the Vertx originals and the Helikon-Tex URban Tactical Pants. The UTP’s are a closer fitting pant. Great for us thinner guys. I get mine from hwesta.com. They ship from Poland using Fedex courier service. Pricing is comparable but shipping is a little high. Great quality and lots of nice features. They even have a version in denim that fade out to look like your favorite jeans.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Try the 5.11 apex
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]

ETA my autism
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I have been wearing 5.11 ridgeline and vertx delta stretch for a while now. The ridgeline pants have a lower waist but still have some room in the lower leg. The delta stretch are the same waist wise but have a much slimmer fitting leg. Not quite skinny jean fit, but slimmer than any tactical pant I’ve owned.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for the Prana Brion pants. Office appropriate, plenty durable, breathable, quick drying, well tailored without being skinny. I also like that they're not made by a "tactical" brand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top