Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2017 12:44:15 PM EDT
I've been an Oakley guy for years, but wondering what you guys consider to be the best value today in eye protection.  I'm not looking for casual daily wear, but something I can wear when I'm shooting or hunting.  Here are my requirements:

durable (won't scratch easy)
impact protection
UV protection (tinted)
comfortable

For reference, the best fit in Oakleys for me have been the Oakley Holbrooks and the Oakley Monster Dogs.  I have a pretty big/wide face.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Smith aegis echo if you wear over ear protection when shooting.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Best value? Probably Edge. I normally buy 5 pairs of edge glasses at a time from Amazon for shooting/sun glasses.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like my Wiley X  P-17.  The matte black version is about $60 on Amazon
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best value? Probably Edge. I normally buy 5 pairs of edge glasses at a time from Amazon for shooting/sun glasses.
View Quote
Same with me.

The Edge Dakura fit my face really well.  I think I have a half dozen variations with polarized and non polarized lenses.  With the polarized being around $35 and non polarized around $15 I buy them a dozen at a time.

I also work in construction which is probably a bit harder on things than most people.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been very pleased with my Revision Sawfly with polarized lens.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I don't think the Edge will work, because a review said it's a smaller frame.  The Wiley X P-17 is on my short list right now.  Price is in the middle, ratings are good, and I really don't want to spend more than $50 if I can help it.  Smith's are nice, as are the Sawflys, but I'm not ready to drop $100+.

Keep the recommendations coming.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Edge has a lot more glasses than the Dakura:

http://edgeeyewear.com/site_us/glasses.php

They also have goggles.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Check tactical assault gear’s website or Ebay for the smith aegis kits. I’ve been able to get crazy deals from both places, I bought a second kit for parts...
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been very pleased with my Revision Sawfly with polarized lens.
View Quote
I wear Sawfly every day for work.  Love them.

Eta: They are cheaper on ebay etc.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Subscribed...  I just lost my Oakley Radars I've had since my first trip to Afghanistan in 2012 :(

I probably won't be happy until I find another pair of those but might try something cheaper in the meantime.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Even untinted Oakley lenses will block UV. I vote Oakley SI. A lens replacement is as cheap as $24 from your current set if you are LE/military. I personally use M frames, original, 2.0, and 3.0 series. Revision Sawfly with LE/mil price is only about $60 for a 2 lens set. I'd not have a tinted only option for shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top