Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2017 7:53:01 PM EDT
I have a Beez carrier with elastic cummerbund (left half pictured below) and I'm trying to think of a way to add soft cummerbund armor to it. I was thinking 5.5"x9" size. Is there a pouch or something out there that would slip over the cummerbund on this? I worked up a solution for carrying 6"x6" side plates on it a while back but I've since decided the weight of side rifle armor isn't worth it. Some IIIa armor seemed like a decent middle ground between nothing and heavy rifle plates. 

So, suggestions? 

Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Beez sells a proper cummerbund with pocket. 

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CHRIS
View Quote
Wut. 

Hold on, going to go look...
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wut. 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CHRIS
Wut. 

Uhh... is it this one that conveniently doesn't have a picture so I can actually see what it is? 
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Call beez and get a custom one made.  One for light weight low profile, one woih soft armor and hard plate pockets...
Or just buy a second carrier...
And don't use google images to find a picture or review...
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Call beez and get a custom one made.  One for light weight low profile, one woih soft armor and hard plate pockets...
Or just buy a second carrier...
And don't use google images to find a picture or review...
View Quote
Yeah, I had the feeling I was going to have to go custom with this. Was just wondering if there was something out there I could just buy. 
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep.  The one without the picture! If you look at the "rigid insert" link it shows their cummerbund.

I'm not sure how you back carrier would interface with a cummerbund or I'd look at more options.  I've seen loop tunnels, loop and webbing inside tunnels, and webbing inside tunnels. 

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yep.  The one without the picture! If you look at the "rigid insert" link it shows their cummerbund.

I'm not sure how you back carrier would interface with a cummerbund or I'd look at more options.  I've seen loop tunnels, loop and webbing inside tunnels, and webbing inside tunnels. 

CHRIS
View Quote
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it won't work on this carrier. The cummerbund on this is just two 4" wide elastic straps with velcro squares on the ends, loop on one side, hook on the other. Then there's just flaps on the carrier that velcro into place on top of the ends of the cummerbund.

Guess I could shoot Beez an email and see if they can just make a pair of add on pouches that I could slip on over the cummerbund. Don't think I've got much of a choice but to go custom, Google isn't turning up any alternative cummerbunds I could use and I don't want a different carrier. 
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
My suggestion, if you're going to do side soft armor I like the 5x7 size. Lots of those police trauma inserts that you can find anywhere for cheap. It also won't stick out as much from the 4 inch cummerbund. I use those in my APC for the sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top