Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:48:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
USRO was shipping by US PS and had some reasonable options for a while.

They have returned to FedEx, UPS only and their retarded rates. Until they either negotiate better rates or return to USPS I'm afraid I won't be doing any business with them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Shipping over $50 worth of items is $20 UPS Ground.
It makes no difference if you sign up for the "email discount". You'll get 20% off regardless, and the code they email you does not reduce it further.

Thanks for the heads up!

I hope these pouches are as versatile as they claim. I ordered 6, along with a couple Safariland MOLLE holster forks, and the OCP LBT-6099Z modular holster. My buddy had one when those holsters first came out, and I seem to recall it had enough adjustment to fit a HK Mark 23 with a non-standard illuminator.

They even list the turn-in DTIDs for the lots lol. Those mag pouches came from Naval Construction Group 2 out of Gulfport, MS.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They even list the turn-in DTIDs for the lots lol. Those mag pouches came from Naval Construction Group 2 out of Gulfport, MS.
View Quote
What is the best way to look up DTIDs? Always been curious to see where some of the items originally came from.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The first 6 characters of a DTID are always the DoDAAC (Department of Defense Activity Address Code).

Use this URL: https://www.transactionservices.dla.mil/daasinq/daasinq_dodaac.asp?dodaac=V55460 
replacing the last 6 with whatever DoDAAC you want to lookup. Using it this way yields instant results, while bypassing all the splash and verification screens on the DLA site.

The next 4 characters in a DTID are the date it was generated. In the case of these pouches, it's 4098, indicating the 98th day of 2014.
The final 4 characters are just a sequential serial number.

DTID: V5546040980612
DoDAAC
date code
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks KitBuilder...I probably wouldn't have figured that out on my own! Of course you can depend on the .gov to have hurdles to jump over to get what you're looking for.

Raf, you've cost me enough money from your previous deal alerts, you're not getting me this time! ;)
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USRO was shipping by USPS and had some reasonable options for a while.

They have returned to FedEx, UPS only and their retarded rates. Until they either negotiate better rates or return to USPS I'm afraid I won't be doing any business with them.
View Quote
USRO was my go-to supplier.  I ordered a bunch of stuff over the years, mostly in small orders and using the USPS shipping.

But, when they went to FedEx and UPS only, I had to stop ordering from them.  Paying $9.95 for shipping on a small item just isn't worth it, and I don't usually order a bunch of stuff at one time.  They also charge you extra now if you have your order shipped from more than 1 location.

The only time in the past year I have ordered from them was when they had a free shipping weekend.

Its sad, because the one time I needed to contact USRO customer service, I got the best customer service I had in a very long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top