Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2017 4:33:05 PM EDT
Hey guys, hoping thst someone has some first hand experience with the Spec Ops brand Slab 2.  Just started back to grad school and I need something to tote my tiny new laptop and APA reference book, a couple of notebooks, a couple of Glock reloads and maybe a stainless steel water bottle/beer growler.  I have an old messenger bag that I no longer want so a small pack may be the ticket.

The slab 2 is on closeout, there is a non cammied up option, and I have had goos experience with some of their products in the past.  Anyone have any knowledge to share on this?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What size laptop?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What size laptop?
View Quote
Small, 11.5 by a little over 8.  I wanted something that is easy to hoof around, and since I mostly just use it for classes and pissing around on the internet this size has been working pretty well for me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The slab will work fine for you, if that's the style you're going for, specops stuff stuff is solid.

I have a laptop around that size and I just picked up a haley flatpack, but it may be too small.

A Goruck 10L bullet would work really well too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
no experience with the SLAB -- but looking at the dimensions, looks like it might be hard pressed to fit much else than a laptop in it.

I use a Goruck GR1 for school. Protects my laptop well and has enough space inside the pack for texts and notebooks easy, with a little bit extra up top in case I need to bring a lunch or jacket.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no experience with the SLAB -- but looking at the dimensions, looks like it might be hard pressed to fit much else than a laptop in it.

I use a Goruck GR1 for school. Protects my laptop well and has enough space inside the pack for texts and notebooks easy, with a little bit extra up top in case I need to bring a lunch or jacket.
View Quote
GR1 is an awesome pack, but might be overkill for what I think OP is looking for, both in size and price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top