I am looking for a close resemblance.

Any suggestions?

I searched several times but I haven't
found anything close to it.

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an SOE micro rig that I picked up off the E&E once. It was ok, but honestly you can accomplish the same thing with just about any chest rig. At least that is if you're going to slap the 12ga cards on the side of your receiver.
If you're going to actually load from the rig itself then stop reading.  If not:

I think everyone and their mom makes 12ga cards now in various capacities. I just got a few from ESSTAC which seem to be everyone's go-tos. They really hold on to that round tightly compared to my older (now discontinued) 3gungear.com cards.
But anyway I've found that you can stick a 6-7rd 12ga card in pretty much anyone's M4 mag pouch. I've got an EMDOM IAP for a rifle mag and it holds a 12ga card well. I also have tried them in ESSTAC KYWI pouches and those work really well albeit maybe a little too much retention.
My current preference (although this picture doesn't reflect it) is to use BFG flapped double-m4 mag pouches:

If I want to run a 12ga card in each pouch they fit, or if it want to do two in a pouch, that fits. I never worry about retention because they're flapped. If I want quicker access, tuck the flap in.

I liked this solution better because it meant I didn't have a $150 chest rig that was mostly for 12ga stuff. The giant general purpose pouch on the SOE Micro rig is great too, but if you're not running an IFAK then it's like, ok, this is a big ole pouch I'm not using. I used to put loose 12ga rounds in there.

Short story: get 12ga cards and stuff them in M4 mag pouches.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
sevin,
 I am home with a cold today, so I had a
chance to poke around on the web a little
more than usual.

I found This today. I am
thinking about buying some of their cards
& tying them end to end. One card inside
the pouch, and the other velcro'd to the
outside. When a card goes empty, rip it
up & off, pull the new one out & stick it
down. I know other people have already
developed this idea.

I would like to configure the left hand
pouch for a couple of the Glock 17 mags
to support my side arm, and probably
add a cat tourniquet.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#3]
That's actually a pretty good looking idea. The outside of the BRIG has way more velcro than ordinary pouches or chest rigs, giving you plenty of parking space for cards. And the mag pouches use the ESSTAC KYWI insert. I've currently only got one KYWI pouch and it's a "high" top one which provides more than enough retention for a 12ga card. The only downside is that I can only get a grip on the top two 12ga rounds to rip the card out. With your proposed idea you'd have a lot more grip.
Plus, it's still a totally viable 5.56 rig at the end of the day.

$75 all said and done then? You win brother
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]
After I buy their cards, it's $135 plus shipping.

I am thinking I'm going to buy it.

Thanks for your help.

John
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Order placed.

John
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Done!

Next!

John

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#7]
sorry brother, image aint working
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:12:23 AM EDT
[#8]
What's unoabtanium about OSOE Micro rigs?  You can still order them right off their site.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been seeing the notice in
Red, at the top of the page for all
of the micro chest rigs for over a
year.

Would you order one?

OSOE

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's unoabtanium about OSOE Micro rigs?  You can still order them right off their site.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
year.

Would you order one?

OSOE
View Quote
That message has been on the site for as long as I have known about OSOE, when I ordered my micro AK/M4 rig, H harness, and 2 belts 5 or 6 years ago it was that way. They make stuff to order instead of keeping inventory so once the order is in and they start producing your product they won't refund it.

They make good stuff but it's pretty shady how they do things sometimes and have well documented cases of treating customers like crap. The one order I placed 5 years ago went fine and all the stuff I bought still works, and the interactions I had with them where excellent service wise but it's up to you to decide if it's worth the risk or not.

If you really want the OSOE rig just buy it and you will have it in a month or two I bet, save all of your emails and order information just in case.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
FH,
 I knew vaguely that there had been
some issues with some peoples dealings
with OSOE. Couple that with the note
in red, I guess I had subconsciously
stayed away from them. I am happy
with the rig I have, but thanks for
your input.

John
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
year.

Would you order one?

OSOE

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
year.

Would you order one?

OSOE

Quoted:
I stand corrected. I have a OSOE PALS Micro in Multicam that I like a lot. It's flexible in using MOLLE loops to be able to set it up as you see fit. Regardless of how the owner is a shithead, it's one of the best chest rigs I've found for when you're not using armor, or use a separate plate carrier without a load carrying capability. When combined with a H-harness and hydration bladder it's a very impressive setup.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:32:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I am the resident SOE fanboy...or at least one of a very few resident SOE fanboys on here. All I can say is the following:

1. Yes, the owner can be a dick and doesn't believe "the customer is always right".

2. SOE is on a very short list of gear makers that I trust to always be of the highest quality and one of the few makers that I deemed good enough to have complete confidence in as my EDC kit when I was contracting overseas. I have no doubt that, should the need arise one day, my grandchildren could take my old SOE nylon gear to war and be well kitted up.

3. Should you decide to, you will be able to sell your SOE gear for what you paid for it or even more, depending.

4. Out of the thousands of dollars I have spent with SOE, my purchases have always arrived before promised and often times with small extras thrown in. I know some people have been burned, but then I know people that haven't. In the end, you pays yo' money and takes yo' chances...but I am about to place another order for some 308 Micro Rigs, so you know where I stand on the subject.

Lastly, there is a 12ga Micro Rig on eBay right now.....for $300.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Just because they are asking $300,
does not mean they will get $300.

And your #1 is enough to make me
look elsewhere.

John
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]
here, hosted your image for all to see.

how do the cards do inside the pouches?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The cards take a little work to push them
in, but not terribly so. They pull out with
a little effort. I would call it adequately
secure.

What was wrong with my image?

Thanks for posting it.

John

Quoted:

here, hosted your image for all to see.

http://i.imgur.com/g7hgyJr.jpg

how do the cards do inside the pouches?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#17]
your image was an attachment in another forum. It was unviewable by non-members of that forum.  I created an account, downloaded the image and put it in imgur where all can view it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Gotcha.

I will often copy an image address
to post like that, but I didn't know
it caused problems.

Thanks!

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top