Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2017 2:12:51 PM EDT
I received it, looks and feels great! My only problem is, how the hell are you supposed to change the length of the cobra belt and still keep the battle belt centered? So much velcro I can't possibly pull the inner/outer belt to one side to center it!
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If you mean separate the Velcro bond between the inner and outer belts so to adjust or move them in relation to one another,

Lay the whole thing out flat on a flat surface and use a slim, rigid piece of plastic or something that can go through and split the Velcro and keep it separated while you adjust, something like a wide yard stick or I would probably cut a piece of hard plastic sheeting down to do it.  Then once you get the two components re-aligned, hold them in place and slide out the insert you used and let the Velcro re-bond. 

Here is a video showing how you can use the stiffener in the outer belt as your insert to do this on the Sure-Grip belt, not sure if the Slim-Grip has a similar insert, but at least it shows the concept.

HSGI Suregrip Belt Threading Tip
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
lowes sells a nice 3ft long flexible aluminum yardstick for something like $6. you can insert this between the belt and the cobra belt and reposition accordingly. i use it all the time. works flawlessly
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lowes sells a nice 3ft long flexible aluminum yardstick for something like $6. you can insert this between the belt and the cobra belt and reposition accordingly. i use it all the time. works flawlessly
View Quote
No need to do that.  Use the included plastic stiffener.  Works great.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. I think that's half the reason it's included 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought that's what that piece was for I didn't realize it was a stiffener. The slim grip does come with one as does the suregrip. I just transferred everything from a suregrip to a slim grip last week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought that's what that piece was for I didn't realize it was a stiffener. The slim grip does come with one as does the suregrip. I just transferred everything from a suregrip to a slim grip last week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had both as well, I ended up switching to a Volund though. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top