Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2017 12:21:58 AM EDT
Looking for either this pictured outer carrier (Standard for Montreal Police and most other Canadian police departments)

Or if that can not be found, then I would much prefer something with Molle like this,

And I'm wanting to know where (Prefer a link if possible please) and how to buy them, noting this'll be coming out of my own pocket and not a departments so would prefer a website or company that won't require a quote or anything like that just a simple click and buy.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
What cut is your SBA?  Spear?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#3]
We have some guys that wear the carriers that look like police uniform shirts. The problem with any of these has been fading due to UV and wearing the same carrier every day. If this is going to be part of your daily uniform I would consider a second carrier and inquire about the material's fade resistance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking for something that'd almost exactly like it if not the exact same thing... Not trying to get something that'd blend in with a uniform, I'd like either of those vests just if I could get a name or link to their exact ones.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Why are you looking for the exact one they use? Pardon the suspicion but a low post account looking for police uniform items is more than a bit unusual.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Go order a Galls catalog.  They have carriers that look like both pictured and a dozen others.  David

Galls
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking for something that'd almost exactly like it if not the exact same thing... Not trying to get something that'd blend in with a uniform, I'd like either of those vests just if I could get a name or link to their exact ones.
View Quote
lol Yeah, 100% understand. I'm an 18 year old law enforcement student, and I recently got a job with a low-profile but high activity security company my friend helped hook me up with. The company does alot of pro-active things, and gets involved with numerous situations, I don't want to make it sound like one of those whackers but it's sort of like a small police department but never the less, the sites I'd be protecting and overwatching aren't the best, and it's late night where all the drunks come and such, so I rather have myself protected if a situation may come at hand that I would need body armor for if you understand that. The company kinda makes you pay for everything yourself which is why I'm preferably looking for something cheap but also professional to an extent like in the pictures.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
lol Yeah, 100% understand. I'm an 18 year old law enforcement student, and I recently got a job with a low-profile but high activity security company my friend helped hook me up with. The company does alot of pro-active things, and gets involved with numerous situations, I don't want to make it sound like one of those whackers but it's sort of like a small police department but never the less, the sites I'd be protecting and overwatching aren't the best, and it's late night where all the drunks come and such, so I rather have myself protected if a situation may come at hand that I would need body armor for if you understand that. The company kinda makes you pay for everything yourself which is why I'm preferably looking for something cheap but also professional to an extent like in the pictures.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just judging by your post, you aren't going to make it through the hiring process. I'm really not trying to come off like a jerk, but trust me if you want to keep your nose clean until you are old enough to apply for an academy, do not take any job that has anything close to LE duties. No loss prevention, no security, nothing. Playing cop only going to get you in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:17:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You sound like a  bug
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Law enforcement never has held any security types in high regards. The ones we've dealt with tend to be one step above an inmate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
The highlighted sentence is a contradiction as well as indicative of an issue in perception.

You're 18, work a zero stress job, save a few pennies, enjoy your self and keep your nose clean. Get a degree, test a boat load, try and get a sponsored spot in an academy. Don't go spending a bunch of money on some security job.

PS, unless your security job is contracted by the federal govt, it is not like a small police dept.

Kinda harsh, but sometimes ya gotta hear it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#12]
And for God's sake, don't go around duct taping rifle plates to yourself to stop .338 Lapua rounds...
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Does law enforcement student mean you're in school for a criminal justice degree?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top