Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2017 9:42:21 AM EDT
I have a g19, will probably wear a red dot in the future.

I can't find an answer to this. I want to buy a holster, but not have to buy a new one when my glock wears an rmr. Does the 6354do holsters work well (or at all)  when the gun doesn't have a red dot on it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they can be used with or without optic
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes they can be used with or without optic
View Quote
Will it be secure in there or flop around like some other holsters if you don't have a light?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Will it be secure in there or flop around like some other holsters if you don't have a light?
View Quote
It will be secure in a 17 holster or 34 holster as well. With or without a light. If you might get an extended threaded barrel, get a 17 holster for the extra length.

It's an ALS holster, not an SLS holster. It locks off the slide not just a flip up retaining loop. It is only a tiny bit harder to reholster without a light. The dot sight makes no difference.

That said, I use mine with a Deltapoint Pro, as I would never put an RMR on a gun. My 19 with no Deltapoint Pro fits and locks up fine.

I have 3 of the 6354DO and one of the newer RDS Safariland holsters with hood. The 6354 DO let's dust and drizzle cover your lens. It's a real pain to have to wipe clean all the time. If you don't have to have camo, I'd consider a RDS variety of Safariland with ALS or ALS/SLS combo. Also, make sure you get a thumb safety for the SLS so you don't have your rifle swing over and the grip push your release button on the ALS and allow your pistol to pop out the holster, land upside down, and destroy your optic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like there is also a 6354RDS so it has hood and QLS fork, but only in black STX and STX basket weave so far. The RDS hood is the way to go.

https://holsterops.com/collections/optic-sight-holsters/products/safariland-6354rds-als-optic-holster-li-duty-with-qls19

Hopefully we get FDE too soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top